Ladies watch advice

Found 15th May
Hi. I’m looking to purchase a ladies watch. I’m not to keen on the designer fashion labels like dkny etc as I believe they are the same quality as a £30 Argos one (and there is nothing wrong with them). However, I don’t have a budget to spend 1k either. So I was looking for a mid range one. I saw a Gucci one for £600 so just wanted some advice on any others and if Gucci watches are any good?
Thank you
Community Updates
AskAccessoriesWatch
13 Comments
I'm quite a fan of watches and have a couple of collectable/mod. expensive ones. Gucci is a famous brand. A famous brand for leatherware and bags. Therefore, it is reasonable to suppose that if you buy a Gucci watch you are paying a lot for the brand association with a product they are not an expert at producing. There's nothing wrong with this at all if the recipient of the gift is a fan of the Gucci look and not especially bothered by what is going on inside the watch. From the little I know about Gucci watches, they are made with good quality Swiss quartz movements and designed in Italy, so should be a product which will last for years. Do buy from a reputable source as there are lots of very convincing Gucci fakes out there.
If you want to look at other quality fashion brands try Larsson & Jennings, Rotary,Tissot
Edited by: "airbus330" 15th May
Gucci watches are very good, but they do not hold their value as much as actual watches made by high end brands such as Omega. With a fashion brand you are paying for the label rather than the engineering and manufacture of the watch itself, if that makes sense?
Personally for your budget I would rather buy asecond hand Omega than a brand new Gucci.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 15th May
airbus3301 h, 8 m ago

I'm quite a fan of watches and have a couple of collectable/mod. expensive …I'm quite a fan of watches and have a couple of collectable/mod. expensive ones. Gucci is a famous brand. A famous brand for leatherware and bags. Therefore, it is reasonable to suppose that if you buy a Gucci watch you are paying a lot for the brand association with a product they are not an expert at producing. There's nothing wrong with this at all if the recipient of the gift is a fan of the Gucci look and not especially bothered by what is going on inside the watch. From the little I know about Gucci watches, they are made with good quality Swiss quartz movements and designed in Italy, so should be a product which will last for years. Do buy from a reputable source as there are lots of very convincing Gucci fakes out there.If you want to look at other quality fashion brands try Larsson & Jennings, Rotary,Tissot

Thank you I'll give last three names you have mentioned a look
Toptrumpet1 h, 8 m ago

Gucci watches are very good, but they do not hold their value as much as …Gucci watches are very good, but they do not hold their value as much as actual watches made by high end brands such as Omega. With a fashion brand you are paying for the label rather than the engineering and manufacture of the watch itself, if that makes sense?Personally for your budget I would rather buy asecond hand Omega than a brand new Gucci.

Any recommendations on where to go for used watches?
deleted79467
may save a few quid at bicester village gucci outlet
What sort of style of watch are you looking for?
Something simple nothing blingy. I'd like it to be worn to work etc so something classic
Toptrumpet4 m ago

Something along the lines of this? Omega Constallation

Yes
I have a Cartier and a Raymond Weil. Both good watches that I've had for years. Classy and elegant.
If you want something kinda mid range but not flashy, I've got an armani. Had it 13 years now and I wear it every day and it never let's me down. Don't think a £30 from Argos could do that. Other than that I would say you get what you pay for.
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 15th May
I love the swiss watches. Raymond weil, longines and tissot do decent ladies watches. I have lost interest in the watch these days as I feel a watch should do more than tell the time, what with all the facilities of smart watches.

I wear a watch as jewellery really, all be it, it can tell the time. But I am thinking that my bracelet is a much nicer piece of jewellery to wear on my wrist so I may abandon my watch.
In defence of cheap watches, I have a NEXT watch I was given in 1993 and it's still going strong. Was about £40. I like them as they are dressy and have a few from there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants