Lagging on fifa 20 on pc

Posted 15th Dec 2019
Hi everyone sounds really stupid this but I get lagging while playing Fifa on my pc, I’ve changed the settings as I’ve googled and watched clips on YouTube but still the odd lagging, yet when I play pro evo it’s perfect with no lagging at all, my machine is very capable of playing Fifa, I just must be doing something wrong? I play pro evo on steam and Fifa on origin but surely that’s not the problem? if anyone can recommend anything I’d be very greatful... it’s so annoying at times... thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Yes Origin is absolutely trash, so I’m guessing that is your problem
JohnnyRoller15/12/2019 11:24

Yes Origin is absolutely trash, so I’m guessing that is your problem

It was the same with battlefield V ... thank you for clearing that up... I’ll only buy games from steam prob now
Origin wouldn’t be the problem, it’s just a game launcher. Even if it is poorly designed.

There’s a few forums with some potential fixes if you google the issue. “Fifa 20 lags on pc”

answers.ea.com/t5/…706
I know it’s downloaded to my pc but wouldn’t run better being hard wired in imstead of WiFi that I’m currently using?
Vencurse15/12/2019 12:18

Origin wouldn’t be the problem, it’s just a game launcher. Even if it is po …Origin wouldn’t be the problem, it’s just a game launcher. Even if it is poorly designed. There’s a few forums with some potential fixes if you google the issue. “Fifa 20 lags on pc”https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fifa-20-lag-fix/td-p/8220706

The OP has said it’s not just FIFA on Origin that is having problems. Also the OP wouldn’t be the first to experience issues with Origin, it is a common problem.
JohnnyRoller15/12/2019 12:30

The OP has said it’s not just FIFA on Origin that is having problems. Also …The OP has said it’s not just FIFA on Origin that is having problems. Also the OP wouldn’t be the first to experience issues with Origin, it is a common problem.

Again, it’s just a launcher. Once the game is open, origin isn’t really in use.

Also OP is using WiFi, there’s a known rubber banding issue to happen if there’s latency issues or brief disconnects. Personally, I had a similar issue and just upgraded to a dedicated PCI-e wireless card and it resolved all issues.

I’d try using an Ethernet cable on a test and see how it runs.

forums.tomshardware.com/thr…25/
Honestly I’ve tried everything the settings watched loads of YouTube clips, it’s not lagging all the time, the graphics are amazing and especially on battlefield V but the gameplay so laggy I couldn’t play it... £40 wasted on games I can see why people stick to console... yet pro evo on steam runs so smooth with no issues
Vencurse15/12/2019 12:38

Again, it’s just a launcher. Once the game is open, origin isn’t really in …Again, it’s just a launcher. Once the game is open, origin isn’t really in use. Also OP is using WiFi, there’s a known rubber banding issue to happen if there’s latency issues or brief disconnects. Personally, I had a similar issue and just upgraded to a dedicated PCI-e wireless card and it resolved all issues. I’d try using an Ethernet cable on a test and see how it runs. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/rubber-band-lag-when-gaming-online.2827925/

I will do that tonight and try, thanks mate
Pipey8415/12/2019 13:07

I will do that tonight and try, thanks mate

Do you ever get any issues playing single player / offline?

Also, is your PC hardware up to date? As battlefield V would require decent specs, if it's constantly "lagging" or struggling it may be down to hardware.
Vencurse15/12/2019 13:09

Do you ever get any issues playing single player / offline?Also, is your …Do you ever get any issues playing single player / offline?Also, is your PC hardware up to date? As battlefield V would require decent specs, if it's constantly "lagging" or struggling it may be down to hardware.

My pc is well up to spec for these games and monitor, I only play career mode in Fifa, and it’s only on origin I have a problem with, like said it’s only a game launcher it’s just a tiny bit of lagging on Fifa now and again and it ruins it for me... yet pro evo on steam no issue at all
OP, when you say "lagging" are you talking about lag when you are playing an online match against somebody else or do you mean the the game is running slowly in single player mode?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 15th Dec 2019
Haircut_10015/12/2019 14:24

OP, when you say "lagging" are you talking about lag even you are playing …OP, when you say "lagging" are you talking about lag even you are playing an online match against somebody else or do you mean the the game is running slowly in single player mode?

Single player mode, it’s only now and again but it’s as if I’m playing an online match but I’m not if that makes sense?
Pipey8415/12/2019 12:24

I know it’s downloaded to my pc but wouldn’t run better being hard wired in …I know it’s downloaded to my pc but wouldn’t run better being hard wired in imstead of WiFi that I’m currently using?

Pipey8415/12/2019 14:30

Single player mode, it’s only now and again but it’s as if I’m playing an o …Single player mode, it’s only now and again but it’s as if I’m playing an online match but I’m not if that makes sense?

It shouldn't be directly to do with your Internet connection then it that case. Try lowering the various graphics settings in the game right down and play a few matches to see if it runs smoothly. Are you doing anything else in your PC at the same time as playing the game (ie having any other programs or apps running or downloading files or torrents in the background)?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 15th Dec 2019
Haircut_10015/12/2019 15:15

It shouldn't be directly to do with your Internet connection then it that …It shouldn't be directly to do with your Internet connection then it that case. Try lowering the various graphics settings in the game right down and play a few matches to see if it runs smoothly. Are you doing anything else in your PC at the same time as playing the game (ie having any other programs or apps running or downloading files or torrents in that background)?

I think there’s always something in the background updating or downloading so I’ll make sure there isn’t etc... thanks I’ll give it a go
Disconnect WiFi and try it. I had this with FIFA on PS4 years ago. It lagged in offline modes when connected to WiFi no idea why
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants