Lake Garda - best area to stay

Found 27th Jun
Hi all, where is the best place to stay in Lake Garda? Going with my other half, looking for somewhere that has good food and good bars. Will be hiring a car so not too worried about views/scenery as we'll be driving there.

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Malcesine is lovely. I cant say its the best place to stay, as ive only stayed here.
We stayed in garda. Bardolino just down the road was also nice. I think you could choose anywhere as the area is amazing and just about everywhere in Italy does nice food.

They do drive like nutters though, a car knocked a guy off a bike when i was there no one cared, the woman just looked out the window and drove off.
MonkeysUncle4 h, 22 m ago

We stayed in garda. Bardolino just down the road was also nice. I think …We stayed in garda. Bardolino just down the road was also nice. I think you could choose anywhere as the area is amazing and just about everywhere in Italy does nice food. They do drive like nutters though, a car knocked a guy off a bike when i was there no one cared, the woman just looked out the window and drove off.

Bardolino is where I was thinking to go, thanks. I was also thinking about hiring a car to get around.. Maybe not now lol.
For easy access to the best towns via car, I would stay in garda as 1 hour drive to riva (North) and 1 hour to desenzano (South). Without a car, I would stay in gargnano as this means you can get a north lake ferry one day and south lake another. Definitely visit verona. Arco is nice too.

My favourite towns in order are

Lasize
Sirmione
Desenzano
Malcesine
Garda
Riva
Limone
Salo
Peschiera
Bardelino
Torbole