Groups
    EXPIRED

Laminate flooring

I'm looking to put some laminate flooring down in the bedrooms of my rented property, can anyone advise of any deals, online or In store, not looking to spend much, thank you.

9 Comments

Ikea has the cheapest I've seen. Just £3.77 a square meter.

ikea.com/gb/…69/

Original Poster

Yes I had seen that but it's way too light, we've got dark bedroom furniture so needed a mid/dark floor

Floors to go? They are normally good. Also, B&Q/Homebase when they have Bank Holiday offers on (end of August).

My mum just bought a bunch of laminated flooring for £40, 3 massive rolls (don't know the size) but was left over brand new stuff from someone else's job.

She paid about £40 for it off Gumtree. Would recommend looking there, she has been buying loads of stuff cheap, some used, some new, to do up the house.

edit
    It's £5 per square meter, she got 2x1.8 x 3 (£18 a roll retail price, £54 total for £40).
    Edited by: "kos1c" 30th Jul 2014

kos1c

My mum just bought a bunch of laminated flooring for £40, 3 massive rolls … My mum just bought a bunch of laminated flooring for £40, 3 massive rolls (don't know the size) but was left over brand new stuff from someone else's job. She paid about £40 for it off Gumtree. Would recommend looking there, she has been buying loads of stuff cheap, some used, some new, to do up the house. editIt's £5 per square meter, she got 2x1.8 x 3 (£18 a roll retail price, £54 total for £40).

Laminate flooring does not come on a roll, would be much easier to lay if it did.

Argoj

Laminate flooring does not come on a roll, would be much easier to lay if … Laminate flooring does not come on a roll, would be much easier to lay if it did.

My mum was calling it laminated flooring for past 2 weeks. It's vinyl flooring >< I didn't correct her as I wasn't that bothered on its name.

best check with your landlord as laminate floors are generally a no go in rented accommodation

plus you'll soon regret it unless this bedroom is on the ground floor (or your neighbours will be complaining if you live in a flat)

Original Poster

My dad is my landlord so not really any issue there lol.

EBT

My dad is my landlord so not really any issue there lol.

still, I feel for any neighbours below. Have you ever been below someone walking on laminate flooring? Far noisier than you would expect.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which android box?510
      2. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup34
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2229
      4. buy to let mortgage33

See more discussions