Laminate Flooring

Found 5th JanEdited by:"snappyfish"
Looking for laminate flooring for log cabin (fancy shed) around 19.5 m2

Anyone recommend a good place to buy?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Floors 2 go I got myn from there during there sales
always get ours at wickes, which is quite cheap and pretty good quality.
Yeah, noticed they are reasonable. Got my hopes on on one type. Went there today and colour is completely different to image. So thought Id rethink to see if anyone recoommends anywhere else.
Splice20 m ago

Floors 2 go I got myn from there during there sales

Ooops there site is down.
If your shed has no insulation and is subject of severe changes in temperature and humidity you shouldn't get laminate as it will buckle/shrink/expand.
windym12 m ago

If your shed has no insulation and is subject of severe changes in …If your shed has no insulation and is subject of severe changes in temperature and humidity you shouldn't get laminate as it will buckle/shrink/expand.

Sub frame raised on blocks so airflow underneath. Subframe is 95mm with 50mm celotex in between floor joists with foil taped seems, vapour control layer, then 28mm t&g flooring. 44mm walls (no insulation) Roof has 19mm t&g, then vapour control layer, 50mm celotex, 18mm osb3 board then epdm rubber roof.
Edited by: "snappyfish" 5th Jan
Why not sand and seal the 28mm t&g flooring.
thought about that but probably easier laying laminate. And that locks together and seals better?
snappyfish12 m ago

thought about that but probably easier laying laminate. And that locks …thought about that but probably easier laying laminate. And that locks together and seals better?

As been said above Wickes
When we had our log cabin built we mentioned about laying laminate flooring inside
We were told to use a damp proof membrane
We opted for carpet tiles instead and insulated the roof
Bradleigh2 m ago

When we had our log cabin built we mentioned about laying laminate …When we had our log cabin built we mentioned about laying laminate flooring insideWe were told to use a damp proof membraneWe opted for carpet tiles instead and insulated the roof

Have a dpm in concrete below.
Go look at Diy stories. B&Q pile clearance flooring at back of store. Often see it there.. Pot luck I guess
I've always checked a few different places selling laminate and end up buying a massively reduced crate/pallet of returned or clearance.
Even if a few of them are chipped the savings are insane. 3 decent size rooms for about £100 with a few m2 spare.
windym4 h, 35 m ago

If your shed has no insulation and is subject of severe changes in …If your shed has no insulation and is subject of severe changes in temperature and humidity you shouldn't get laminate as it will buckle/shrink/expand.

the council put them tiles in the bathroom and when flitted look lovely, now with a bathroom being humid and cold, there look horrible, as you can see the gaps
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants