Laminate flooring install questions

Posted 29th May 2020
Hi
I pulled out the old laminate and found vinyl underneath, the old laminate was 7mm and I am putting in 12 mm with new 5mm foam underlay. Questions:

1) Can I just lay over the vinyl like before?

2) On the Edges, some of the vinyl has come off, can I just patch it up with some of the old foam underlay to keep the level the same. The vinyl is only 2mm or so thick?

Cheers

3474016-YzIeY.jpg
3474016-Adq5V.jpg3474016-t0e6N.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Yip just lay over it. I wouldn’t bother patching it in with 5mm underlay and 12 mm board it won’t affect the boards
Asbestos tiles
Ditto Cliosport above - that’s not vinyl, those are asbestos tiles, so proceed with caution. We had them in our kitchen when we moved in. As with all asbestos, it’s only dangerous when broken. The guy who laid our vinyl sealed them in some sort of rubbery coating before putting new vinyl flooring over the top of them.
GlasgowGrey29/05/2020 16:29

Ditto Cliosport above - that’s not vinyl, those are asbestos tiles, so p …Ditto Cliosport above - that’s not vinyl, those are asbestos tiles, so proceed with caution. We had them in our kitchen when we moved in. As with all asbestos, it’s only dangerous when broken. The guy who laid our vinyl sealed them in some sort of rubbery coating before putting new vinyl flooring over the top of them.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text