Expired

Laminate flooring + skirting

6 replies
Found 20th Apr 2009
I am about to put down laminate flooring in my bedroom(s) and was wondering - should I also replace the skirting or keep it as is (which is *white* in colour)? Should the skirting match the floor? Of course, it is lot more work also - removing the skirting/putting a new one.

Also, my bedroom decor is all light beige + wardrobes are also beige (almost beech like), the curtains are beige/gold, I am wondering would a dark laminate look good or should I go for beech effect laminate to match the decor. Beech effect would make it all very bright/light & dark effect would just give it a little bit of contrast.

Also, is IKEA flooring good/easy to install? I have seen a dark laminate (on PC) that I like the look of very much.

6 Comments

pain on the **** to remove skirting, just get the edging and tack it down. thats what i done. my skirts are white and the floor was brown. looks fine.

Its is a pain to remove the skirting, but would be a better finish.
If I was doning the living room room, would remove for sure.
Just down to time if only a bedroom and only you will see it.

I would remove anyhow, my opion

Original Poster

Thanks guys. What about using a darker floor compared to the decor?

leecroot;4976875

pain on the **** to remove skirting, just get the edging and tack it … pain on the **** to remove skirting, just get the edging and tack it down. thats what i done. my skirts are white and the floor was brown. looks fine.

I agree. Removed skirting once in a previous house and it was a nightmare - turned into a full replastering job. Never again!

We removed the skirting and replaced it with a wider one and stained it to match the flooring, personally I like it better than the edging strips.

just done my living room in planked oak and the skirts are white but looks good once the beading is down..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56552
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions