laminate underlay

Found 19th Jan
can someone recomend an underlay for 12mm thick laminate flooring which will be layed in the sitting room preferably on a roll,the floor it is being laid on is standard chipboard flooring that is in most new houses.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I use sonic gold 5mm. Usually cheapest on eBay.
GAVINLEWISHUKD2 m ago

I use sonic gold 5mm. Usually cheapest on eBay.

thanks gavin i was worried 12mm laminate on top of 5mm underlay might e a bit too much?
jamstaruk19727 m ago

thanks gavin i was worried 12mm laminate on top of 5mm underlay might e a …thanks gavin i was worried 12mm laminate on top of 5mm underlay might e a bit too much?

Well you will have to measure to see if it will fit. I did new skirtings and architrave so not an issue for me. New flooring, newly painted walls meant the skirting looked tatty even when painted over. One job just leads to another
GAVINLEWISHUKD6 m ago

Well you will have to measure to see if it will fit. I did new skirtings …Well you will have to measure to see if it will fit. I did new skirtings and architrave so not an issue for me. New flooring, newly painted walls meant the skirting looked tatty even when painted over. One job just leads to another

cheers there will be beading put round the edges and the architrave will be cut around the doors to fit under those parts
i need 16m2 do you think a 15m2 roll would be enough with a small gap ? or would i have to go upto 22m2 which seems to be next option
I've got 5mm aquastop under 12mm laminate over concrete flooring in my living room. Nowhere near as creaky and noisy as that green cardboardy stuff. £20 for 10 square metres from b&q though seen it cheaper elsewhere
Thinner the better I found. The 12mm felt squares gives/crushed to much and joints splitting on flooring as moves up and down. We have concrete floors so I thought it would be best... I was wrong... Not impressed and won't use again. Thin rolled stuff for me next time
Edited by: "wayners" 20th Jan
Used This stuff plenty of times
Hi floor fitter here !!!!!
If it’s going on a flat chipboard floor , the 6-8mm green board underlay is the best for that job .
It will give the floor a solid feel .
Now if it was a concrete floor that’s bumpy I wouldn’t recommend it .
People don’t like using the boards as they are triple the price of foam type underlay .
yozzman12345 h, 7 m ago

Hi floor fitter here !!!!!If it’s going on a flat chipboard floor , the 6 …Hi floor fitter here !!!!!If it’s going on a flat chipboard floor , the 6-8mm green board underlay is the best for that job . It will give the floor a solid feel . Now if it was a concrete floor that’s bumpy I wouldn’t recommend it . People don’t like using the boards as they are triple the price of foam type underlay .

any recomendations on best place to buy?
Cheapest places will be floor warehouse suppliers that the trade use .
eBay will also be cheaper that the likes of B&Q .
Just measure the area and add 10% for cuts .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants