Groups
    EXPIRED

Land for sale

Hi

can someone tell me how to go about this I have land next to my property to sell, I would like to just get rid without hassle of getting Planning permission etc I am aware I would not get as much...Do I just put it up for sale and advertise locally myself?I've spoke to few estate agents but all they seem to do is ask about planning permission and as I don't have it... Its right next to my house and identical property can be built and mine is 3 bedroom, any advice appreciated thanks in adv

17 Comments

Just enjoy your garden

Apply for outline planning permission for a three bedroom dwelling. This will cost £385 and if granted will result in a significant uplift in land value. All you need is a site plan, block plan and details of the access. The architecture side of things can be dealt with by the new owner.

In terms of selling, find a surveyor or estate agent to value it. You can sell it on the market or put it up for auction.

Without planning permission a prospective buyer is only buying on a speculation they can build on your land. In this day and age the investment to get that paperwork is probably going to be beneficial provided the land is sizab

Sounds like you are not in a desirable area if the estate agents are not interested without planning permission. You will need to spend some time and money to get at least outline planning permission to sell with an estate agent, if they are not interested in taking on your land without. Otherwise, you will need to sell through auction.

lighti

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi can someone tell me how to go about this I … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi can someone tell me how to go about this I have land next to my property to sell, I would like to just get rid without hassle of getting Planning permission etc I am aware I would not get as much...Do I just put it up for sale and advertise locally myself?I've spoke to few estate agents but all they seem to do is ask about planning permission and as I don't have it... Its right next to my house and identical property can be built and mine is 3 bedroom, any advice appreciated thanks in adv\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09[/quote]

Hi estate agents are asking about planning permission so they can list it as Potential Residential sort out the Legal agreements according paperwork and value it etc tbh i don't think you can just sell it on easy not if it has opportunity for a 3 bedroom house. what your actually talking about is cost of a house + land (Don't disclose that here though) it will probably be quite valuable, or give it to a younger family member or if you do sell it make sure you get it all properly surveyed and all done legally through a lawyer etc so you don't get ripped off. it might even be worth building a 2nd home on it then selling it as this would most probably bring in an even better return, not only owning the house but the land it's sat on too makes a huge difference make sure you find the proper value though and get sensible offers for it

What area you in ?

The problem you have, as far as a buyer is concerned, if YOU have not applied for planning permission and they buy it as land, is that you can object to the granting of planning permission. I would not buy it for that reason.

The problem you have, as far as a buyer is concerned, if YOU have not applied for planning permission and they buy it as land, is that you can object to the granting of planning permission. I would not buy it for that reason.

dogpatch

The problem you have, as far as a buyer is concerned, if YOU have not … The problem you have, as far as a buyer is concerned, if YOU have not applied for planning permission and they buy it as land, is that you can object to the granting of planning permission. I would not buy it for that reason.

Nothing to stop the seller subsequently objecting when the detailed plans are submitted. Objection would still carry exactly the same weighting.

dannythemusicman

Nothing to stop the seller subsequently objecting when the detailed plans … Nothing to stop the seller subsequently objecting when the detailed plans are submitted. Objection would still carry exactly the same weighting.

The principle of the development would already be confirmed and only matters of detail could be reasons for refusal.

Have you talked to the people living on the other sides of the land? They may value it sufficiently to buy it off you.

developers

The principle of the development would already be confirmed and only … The principle of the development would already be confirmed and only matters of detail could be reasons for refusal.

Agreed. Objection can only be to the detailed plans submitted but the mere fact that the objector may have initially sold the land would not carry any less/more weight.

Original Poster

Thanks for all advice everyone and to those who asked its North England

I saw an advert next to the motorway today for a company that buys any plots of land whether or not there is planning permission. It was called we buy any land or something along those lines.

get planning, sell it, then quickly sell your house, always nice to have some cash in the bank but months of building and neighbours closer to you than before and you will be sick of all of the noise and building work

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Biscuit addiction1437
    2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?57
    3. LG oled soundbar11
    4. Memory foam mattress topper11

See more discussions