Landline

Found 25th Jul
hi, I have a landline that I never use and I'm just wondering am I able to unplug the phone will this affect the internet?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
no, as long as your router is still plugged into the phone socket your internet should be fine
Mines not been plugged in for years. All I ever got was marketing calls
Thanks for the replys it's really annoying have something that you don't use.
Wadda39 m ago

same when i was with talk talkz only person who called was talk talk , so yea fine to unplug as it not going in your router
Wadda2 h, 46 m ago

Dear poster.

The PPI deadilne is approaching and we can help you with your clam, Just wait and one of our operators will message you and get the details from you!

nicki19873 h, 19 m ago

Thanks for the replys it's really annoying have something that you don't …Thanks for the replys it's really annoying have something that you don't use.

The cost is nil in practical terms, all the line charges are required for the broadband and the phone service itself is paid for through call costs (and then some, many ISPs have jacked call costs up to ludricrous levels to subsidise the broadband service).

Basically it's just a freebie. You could equally complain about your ISP providing e-mail addresses or web space.
Wadda8 h, 44 m ago

Same here. Only calls that I received were 'PPI' so I had it unplugged for years! Only recently plugged a phone back into it in the last few weeks and oddly, no calls!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants