Landline issue

Posted 27th Jun 2020
This is a weird problem but we just noticed that our landline is not taking in coming calls and now telling us we are with Sky. Here's the issue, we never switched with Sky in the first place so how did that even happen? Anyone else had this issue?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
You need to ring your previous supplier and ask them .
AW007927/06/2020 21:41

You need to ring your previous supplier and ask them .

Yeah we gonna call them in the morning to see what happened but it's pretty weird that we was switched over without being told. I didn't know if this was something that's happened before
Any houses sold in your street recently and people moving in??

Someone might have given sky the wrong house details when moving and they’ve transferred it to your property instead of the one they purchased.
u might have been slammed by another service provider who requested to take over the service / number, happends regular and could be sky who requested the wrong number from Openreach / BT Wholesale

If the number is with sky now all you can do is get the previous service provider to take it back but bewere you might end up with an early termination charge battle with sky that you will win but it will be a pain probably
ArcadeAssassin27/06/2020 21:53

Any houses sold in your street recently and people moving in?? Someone …Any houses sold in your street recently and people moving in?? Someone might have given sky the wrong house details when moving and they’ve transferred it to your property instead of the one they purchased.

Not on our floor in the tower block but it does seem very strange this just happened
jase.227/06/2020 21:58

u might have been slammed by another service provider who requested to …u might have been slammed by another service provider who requested to take over the service / number, happends regular and could be sky who requested the wrong number from Openreach / BT Wholesale If the number is with sky now all you can do is get the previous service provider to take it back but bewere you might end up with an early termination charge battle with sky that you will win but it will be a pain probably

So I got that to look forward to... Great (!) well hopefully we'll get some answers in the morning of what happened.
Pepz34727/06/2020 22:03

So I got that to look forward to... Great (!) well hopefully we'll get …So I got that to look forward to... Great (!) well hopefully we'll get some answers in the morning of what happened.

Who do you pay your bill to, if it’s not sky don’t worry about it just call who you pay and get them to sort it out.
eslick27/06/2020 22:06

Who do you pay your bill to, if it’s not sky don’t worry about it just cal …Who do you pay your bill to, if it’s not sky don’t worry about it just call who you pay and get them to sort it out.

BT but it's because they said our answer phone service (1571) is switched off and have to contact Sky that we just found out about it
Pepz34727/06/2020 22:22

BT but it's because they said our answer phone service (1571) is switched …BT but it's because they said our answer phone service (1571) is switched off and have to contact Sky that we just found out about it

Call back and ask for a manager or a better explanation, something is not right, are you sure they didn’t say openreach, they manage the lines themselves. Unless Sky put lines in in your area, they did in some a few years ago but from google it says all are open reached managed. Either way BT should sort it out as you pay them.
Edited by: "eslick" 27th Jun
eslick27/06/2020 22:29

Call back and ask for a manager or a better explanation, something is not …Call back and ask for a manager or a better explanation, something is not right, are you sure they didn’t say openreach, they manage the lines themselves. Unless Sky put lines in in your area, they did in some a few years ago but from google it says all are open reached managed. Either way BT should sort it out as you pay them.

Yeah been with them for years now but people have been trying to call the land line since last week and only just noticed its not working. Thanks for the advice! Hopefully they can say what's going on and why this happened.
Have you.checked the line at your property is your number either ring it or dial 17070 and it will tell you
Didn't know about that! I'll try that!
projextxuk_reviews27/06/2020 22:38

Have you.checked the line at your property is your number either ring it …Have you.checked the line at your property is your number either ring it or dial 17070 and it will tell you

I just rang it and its definitely not our number so yeah hopefully BT can fix this issue for us. Hopefully we're not getting charged for someone else's calls
It's either a fault and a crossed line or Sky have taking over you line (slammed), if you were slammed you would have an email and lette from BT informing you of the takeover.
Ring BT and make sure your account is still active, if it is then it's a fault, if your account is closing you were slammed.
Edited by: "_-Richie-_" 28th Jun
Finally got through to BT and said it's a cross wire. Whoever had our number was using it so we'll get a refund on it! Thanks Project for telling me about the 17070 trick! Never knew about it!
Post a comment
@
    Text