Found 9th Jan
I'm looking to have my garden landscaped this year . smallish garden, 6m x 8m. I'd like a few options and works doing.
Where do I start without losing my pants! all paved and looking for a rough figure

anyone have any good and bad experiences?

1. Ask
  2. Garden
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Garden
6 Comments

Pricing probably local to you - may want to post in your local FB Buy/Sell page

I'd guess, based on some work we have done c2.5K labour plus materials, plants, disposal etc? Likely sources of recommendations are friends, neighbours and trade bodies such as landscaper.org.uk/ there are other sites such as checkatrade.

Bad experiences - yes - before the internet was prevalent I made the mistake of employing a traveller to pave a drive......

If you don't have any personal recommendations then try ratedpeople.com. I used them for some fencing work last year and it worked out well. Let the trades come to you rather than you chase them.

Original Poster

dothedealnow

I'd guess, based on some work we have done c2.5K labour plus materials, … I'd guess, based on some work we have done c2.5K labour plus materials, plants, disposal etc? Likely sources of recommendations are friends, neighbours and trade bodies such as https://www.landscaper.org.uk/ there are other sites such as checkatrade.Bad experiences - yes - before the internet was prevalent I made the mistake of employing a traveller to pave a drive......

​thanks, I've heard a few horror stories about the travelling community and gardening

Original Poster

tallpete33

If you don't have any personal recommendations then try ratedpeople.com. … If you don't have any personal recommendations then try ratedpeople.com. I used them for some fencing work last year and it worked out well. Let the trades come to you rather than you chase them.

​I'll give it a try, heard the ads but never thought to us it!

General advice:

1) always get a written quotation, not estimate.

Fixed price is best, not price per day etc.

2) only pay a small advance if it is requested for materials.

Don't pay the vast bulk of outstanding money until they are completely finished, and you are entirely happy.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters presale code.109
    2. Why was the deal I just posted removed?67
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions