Expired

Lanzarote

Edited by:"lcfc2727"Found 9th Dec 2017
Hi there.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for accommodation in Lanzarote? Going between 5th to 12th Jan.

I have never used airbnb before, do you think this would be the best option?

Trying to get a budget (2x of us) of <£400-500 in total if possible.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

I would recommend Puerto del Carmen , compact resort everything within 200 metres of the promenade (which is about 2 miles long), bars ,restaurants etc . Not as windy as Costa Teguise or Playa Blanca and only a short transfer from the airport (Arecife) , about 10 euros each return by Hoppa or a taxi is only about 15Euros .

You'll be struggling with your budget unless you can find cheap flights , never tried airbnb so don't know about their prices or reliability . I always use Travel Republic or On the Beach when booking separately.

I find the best thing is to look at the map of the resort on Travelrepublic or Trip advisor , gives you an idea of where the accommodation is .

Best of luck in your search , we're going there in March (a package this time with Thomas Cook -about £900 ) . Been to Lanzarote 4 times before and certainly have found Puerto del Carmen to be the best resort on the island
Edited by: "rogparki" 9th Dec 2017

Original Poster

rogparki2 h, 49 m ago

I would recommend Puerto del Carmen , compact resort everything within 200 …I would recommend Puerto del Carmen , compact resort everything within 200 metres of the promenade (which is about 2 miles long), bars ,restaurants etc . Not as windy as Costa Teguise or Playa Blanca and only a short transfer from the airport (Arecife) , about 10 euros each return by Hoppa or a taxi is only about 15Euros .You'll be struggling with your budget unless you can find cheap flights , never tried airbnb so don't know about their prices or reliability . I always use Travel Republic or On the Beach when booking separately. I find the best thing is to look at the map of the resort on Travelrepublic or Trip advisor , gives you an idea of where the accommodation is .Best of luck in your search , we're going there in March (a package this time with Thomas Cook -about £900 ) . Been to Lanzarote 4 times before and certainly have found Puerto del Carmen to be the best resort on the island

Thanks I'll take a look at the sites.

We have booked the flights already just need accommodation. Couple of others said good things 're PDC too so will look there.

lcfc27271 h, 13 m ago

Thanks I'll take a look at the sites.We have booked the flights already …Thanks I'll take a look at the sites.We have booked the flights already just need accommodation. Couple of others said good things 're PDC too so will look there.

We stayed at Elena apartments a couple of years ago , that was really good . This time we booked La Penita Apts . Also looked at La Branda Playa Club and Flamingo/ Fanya apartments . All of them are just off the promenade and have very good reviews . Not sure of prices and availability for when you are going .

i like Puerto Del Carmen too - there are hotels/apartments across the entire spectrum from cheap and cheerful to expensive and luxury

Been to Lazo loads, last time I got a great deal from Lancelot Hotel Tripadvisor

Right across from the sea, hire a bike and ride it along the sea front path all the way to the mountains :-)

I think we got 2 years ago £199 for a week all inclusive, no kids, meals are a bit of fun but great value.

Original Poster

Not quite £199 but still quite competitive
Post a comment
@
    Text