Laptop £200 budget

Posted 8th May
Hi - my daughter wants to spend her £200 birthday money on a laptop - will only be very basic web browsing, homework etc. Could anyone please provide any recommendations?

thanks!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Curry’s have quite a few starting cheaper, does she want windows 10 or will chromebook do more for your money, would she be happy going down the second market a lot more for you money, if it is just surfing and a bit of office you could start around £160..
Bargainhead08/05/2020 21:23

Curry’s have quite a few starting cheaper, does she want windows 10 or w …Curry’s have quite a few starting cheaper, does she want windows 10 or will chromebook do more for your money, would she be happy going down the second market a lot more for you money, if it is just surfing and a bit of office you could start around £160..

thanks for the reply - chromebook will be fine, she doesn’t want second hand (too young to appreciate the benefit of it!). I’m really uneducated on laptops - what are the minimum specs I should be looking for to ensure it has decent usability? Thanks again
brooky08/05/2020 21:31

thanks for the reply - chromebook will be fine, she doesn’t want second h …thanks for the reply - chromebook will be fine, she doesn’t want second hand (too young to appreciate the benefit of it!). I’m really uneducated on laptops - what are the minimum specs I should be looking for to ensure it has decent usability? Thanks again

Sorry I’m not the best person t ask at this level I don’t know what the celrons and amd will do now. Maybe copy a few of the named laptops into google see it there are some reviews or YouTube videos...
brooky08/05/2020 21:31

thanks for the reply - chromebook will be fine, she doesn’t want second h …thanks for the reply - chromebook will be fine, she doesn’t want second hand (too young to appreciate the benefit of it!). I’m really uneducated on laptops - what are the minimum specs I should be looking for to ensure it has decent usability? Thanks again

If you are looking at chromebooks, google have a webpage that shows how long they will continue providing support for each model. This is quite important as they have their own built in virus protection. Some chromebooks will be cheaper, partly due to them maybe having only 18 months of support left.
Edited by: "slippers1977" 8th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions