laptop

I've been looking for a while but I'm after something that has a

good screen hd or qhd

And something for video editing
But mainly for Photoshop and editing raw files

I believe a graphics card is needed and an SSd would anyone be able to advice me on what I should go for?

Otherwise I guess I can opt for a MacBook Pro might be an overkill though. But I guess I will get an overall good laptop plus screen

Thanks

3 Comments

I take it a tower PC is out of the question ? Budget ?

HD screen on a laptop is way enough as they generally come with a small screen (less than 19") so wouldn't really benefit with a higher resolution screen .

If your going to be using it for editing video then it's got to be an intel i7 CPU to take advantage of the multitasking of the 8 cores.

High amount of RAM is needed for editing too, I would suggest a minimum of 8GB.

Graphics card i would recommend the best you can afford.

SSD is a must in my opinion, i wouldn't be without one these days.

Original Poster

colganraz

I take it a tower PC is out of the question ? Budget ?HD screen on a … I take it a tower PC is out of the question ? Budget ?HD screen on a laptop is way enough as they generally come with a small screen (less than 19") so wouldn't really benefit with a higher resolution screen .If your going to be using it for editing video then it's got to be an intel i7 CPU to take advantage of the multitasking of the 8 cores.High amount of RAM is needed for editing too, I would suggest a minimum of 8GB.Graphics card i would recommend the best you can afford.SSD is a must in my opinion, i wouldn't be without one these days.

Thanks for your reply what do you think is minimum for video editing?
And minimum for Photoshop Lightroom

I guess for me portability is really important I'd love a 5k imac but I don't think it's what I need and I guess the new pros are money wise out of my league unless I go and pay monthly

Budget is 700 I guess max but like I said monthly payments I can spread the cost then

You don't need an i7, it's just preferable. A decent i5 chip will do the job fine.

I have a laptop with an i5 chip, 16gb ram, 950m and a SSD and that does the job fine, although I plug in to a monitor.

I wouldn't want to do it on anything slower so you are looking at around £700 at least if you factor in you will most likely need to buy a SSD on top.

You really need to decide whether it has to be or laptop or it could be a PC. With a PC you get much more performance for you money and possibly stretch your budget out to a i7.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Issue with a CV rewrite any help appreciated.12
    2. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)33
    3. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?812
    4. Morrisons Cafe45

See more discussions