Laptop

Posted 12th JulEdited by:"Cbear81"
Community Updates
Ask
40 Comments
Degree in what?
Cbear8112/07/2020 19:10

That would be telling haha

How do you expect us to recommend a laptop when we don’t know what it’s being used for? We’re good, but we’re not that good...
What do you need to run? I am sure the other person commenting also wants to know if you need particular softwares etc?(confused)
IceIceLady12/07/2020 19:26

How do you expect us to recommend a laptop when we don’t know what it’s bei …How do you expect us to recommend a laptop when we don’t know what it’s being used for? We’re good, but we’re not that good...

I was joking above :/

That would be telling haha
D3LL80Y12/07/2020 19:26

What do you need to run? I am sure the other person commenting also wants …What do you need to run? I am sure the other person commenting also wants to know if you need particular softwares etc?(confused)

Sorry was joking with my above comment ha. Health and social care 🤞
Cbear8112/07/2020 19:27

Sorry was joking with my above comment ha. Health and social care Sorry was joking with my above comment ha. Health and social care 🤞

Well is it just like internet and microsoft office? If so then don’t need much at all
D3LL80Y12/07/2020 19:29

Well is it just like internet and microsoft office? If so then don’t need m …Well is it just like internet and microsoft office? If so then don’t need much at all

Most likely I’d say
D3LL80Y12/07/2020 19:40

Best you’ll get at top of budget, will be ideal for long t …Best you’ll get at top of budget, will be ideal for long termhotukdeals.com/deals/hp-14-dk0599sa-14-amd-ryzen-3-laptop-128-gb-ssd-silver-with-free-next-day-delivery-or-cc-with-code-at-currys-pc-world-3502386

Fab thank
You for you’re help. Not that I’m lazy for looking etc ..
Cbear8112/07/2020 19:42

Fab thankYou for you’re help. Not that I’m lazy for looking etc ..

No problem
My daughter doing Geography started with an Acer i5 processor laptop, but when she broke that (dropped), she got a £100 refurbished chrome book of ebay & has been able to do everything on that she did on the Acer
Anglebox12/07/2020 20:59

My daughter doing Geography started with an Acer i5 processor laptop, but …My daughter doing Geography started with an Acer i5 processor laptop, but when she broke that (dropped), she got a £100 refurbished chrome book of ebay & has been able to do everything on that she did on the Acer

Fab thank you .. I don’t dare ask my daughter for hers haha
Also, depending on where you study, you will possibly be entitled to a copy of MS Office as part of your institution email account. Maybe check with the IT department before oyu splash cash on that. (Or use the freebie alternatives, like LibreOffice)
alg12/07/2020 21:08

Also, depending on where you study, you will possibly be entitled to a …Also, depending on where you study, you will possibly be entitled to a copy of MS Office as part of your institution email account. Maybe check with the IT department before oyu splash cash on that. (Or use the freebie alternatives, like LibreOffice)

Open university degree from home 😃
alg12/07/2020 21:12

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/ocw/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=76170§ion=6.2

Aww fab thank you very much for you’re help.
Cbear8112/07/2020 21:13

Aww fab thank you very much for you’re help.

I'm not entirely sure what the OU version of Office 365 provides - it may be the Online version only, but usually you can get download copies as well. But as I say, check with them if you need more info.
alg12/07/2020 21:15

I'm not entirely sure what the OU version of Office 365 provides - it may …I'm not entirely sure what the OU version of Office 365 provides - it may be the Online version only, but usually you can get download copies as well. But as I say, check with them if you need more info.

Yeah will enquire with them to ask.
You may get a nice used Mac for £300?
Cbear8113/07/2020 08:27

Hopefully I can.. 😃

Anyway, congratulations on decision to get your degree. I’ve been wondering about doing one & it would have to be same path but I don’t know what I would be best studying ...
Jump_Out_Gang13/07/2020 11:26

Anyway, congratulations on decision to get your degree. I’ve been w …Anyway, congratulations on decision to get your degree. I’ve been wondering about doing one & it would have to be same path but I don’t know what I would be best studying ...

I’m Wanting realistic to be a paramedic or nurse side etc but I’d would need to maybe change jobs to go to college for all of this etc and then on to uni not sure if I can afford that right now so I’d opted doing this degree from home.
Edited by: "Cbear81" 13th Jul
Cbear8113/07/2020 11:27

I’m Wanting realistic to be a paramedic or nurse side etc but I’d would ne …I’m Wanting realistic to be a paramedic or nurse side etc but I’d would need to maybe change jobs to go to college for all of this etc and then on to uni not sure if I can afford that right now so I’d opted doing this degree from home.

Goog luck!
landros113/07/2020 15:13

Goog luck!

Aww thank that’s very kind of you to say.. I may need it haha
Cbear8113/07/2020 18:14

Aww thank that’s very kind of you to say.. I may need it haha

Luck a little,hard work a lot.
landros113/07/2020 18:46

Luck a little,hard work a lot.

I no.. definitely hard work ahead
See, I don't get this.

CBear81 - asks a question - gets an answer - seems like a thoroughly nice person in replies - then account deleted???
Cbear8114/07/2020 19:42

Comment deleted

Hi CB. Nope. Still don't get it. How do you go from a "deleted" account back to working again? So, when you "take a break" you delete/deactivate your A/C???

I thought deleted meant you were gone - like, for good?
Phsycronix15/07/2020 09:36

Hi CB. Nope. Still don't get it. How do you go from a … Hi CB. Nope. Still don't get it. How do you go from a "deleted" account back to working again? So, when you "take a break" you delete/deactivate your A/C???I thought deleted meant you were gone - like, for good?

Never mind
Phsycronix15/07/2020 09:38

Why have you deleted your comment?

I’m in middle of my gym workout haha so ok I’m back so can we leave it at that please haha
Cbear8115/07/2020 09:39

I’m in middle of my gym workout haha so ok I’m back so can we leave it at t …I’m in middle of my gym workout haha so ok I’m back so can we leave it at that please haha

This is all a bit "cloak & dagger"

I'm not imposing anything on you CB. Sorry. Just trying to understand a rather odd scenario...
Phsycronix15/07/2020 09:41

This is all a bit "cloak & dagger" I'm not imposing anything …This is all a bit "cloak & dagger" I'm not imposing anything on you CB. Sorry. Just trying to understand a rather odd scenario...

Have a nice day
Phsycronix15/07/2020 09:41

This is all a bit "cloak & dagger" I'm not imposing anything …This is all a bit "cloak & dagger" I'm not imposing anything on you CB. Sorry. Just trying to understand a rather odd scenario...

It’s ok this keeps going off when I have my workout video on too. Thank you anyhow
Post a comment
@
    Text