Groups

laptop

hi i am not good with computers but iwant to clean it up as it is slow it is a hp pavillion with windowsxp need any kind of help ............

8 Comments

[FONT=Verdana]Hello There, which internet browser are you using for accessing the internet but also which Antivirus package are you using as well - in addition to that do you have all of the latest patches installed on your computer?

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

do a defrag, and remove any programs that you don't need

dont listen to the above i have the best and quickest method for you, go to start-run type in msconfig then under the "general" tab select "selective startup" then go to "startup" tab and deselct unwanted programs stuff like messenger and other suck b0ll0ks

Wotwot123;6262926

@ above defrag link.Dont use that crap, Windows defrag is all you need.

whats wrong with auslogic disk defrag, its faster and better than windows defrag

Original Poster

any more advice

[url]www.majorgeeks.com[/url] has a 6 step plan to clean up your PC

"hijack this" will do the msconfig for you safely

quikplaya;6262925

dont listen to the above i have the best and quickest method for you, go … dont listen to the above i have the best and quickest method for you, go to start-run type in msconfig then under the "general" tab select "selective startup" then go to "startup" tab and deselct unwanted programs stuff like messenger and other suck b0ll0ks

as above download the already mentioned ccleaner run and then rather than use this method open ccleaner and under tools go to start up and you can then deselect the programs you don't want to run at start up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?48
      2. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills22
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)11
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?23

See more discussions