Found 10th Oct 2007
I plan on getting a laptop for use at uni. I thought it would be best going for the vostro 1700 ( for the 17" screen) as i want to watch movies and play games as well as using it for work. However i wanted to ask about portability? Do you think it would be a problem- ill only be using it in my room in halls or at home or possibly on the train. It would be useful if someone could give me some dimensions/weight.

If portability is going to be a big issue what model would you recommend? Vostro 1500?

Many thanks for your help

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
2 Comments

Banned

Just buy a back pack, see post by emma the moderator

After loads of 15" laptops, and a 17" one too, I got tired of lugging them round and went for a 12.1" model. I'd never go back- the tiny size and low weight plus a 4.5 hr battery is brilliant, the smaller screen doesn't make much difference because you get used to it- films are watchable in bed and as for games- well, it's loads bigger than a psp or ds screen and I use them no problems!
12.1" models often keep their value better than standard lappies too- check ebay, they go for high prices even when a couple of years old.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions