Found 30th Dec 2016
I have a few choices but I'm not a tech savvy person so recommendations from these would be appreciated

ebay.co.uk/itm…549?hash=item43f9de693d:g:PcgAAOSwux5YOjz6

xsonly.com/col…8-1

xsonly.com/col…ite

xsonly.com/col…ver

I'll want one that can do light gaming (most indie and older games), watching video, and general browsing

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
6 Comments

the ebay one is a big no no. 128gb hard drive is not going to work well.

Original Poster

brendanhickey

the ebay one is a big no no. 128gb hard drive is not going to work well.

is 128gb ssd not big enough?

albo63

is 128gb ssd not big enough?

​you can make it work but will be a pain in the ass. you will have to keep managing it by deleting games or videos. Windows will probably take 20gb too.

Original Poster

brendanhickey

​you can make it work but will be a pain in the ass. you will have to k … ​you can make it work but will be a pain in the ass. you will have to keep managing it by deleting games or videos. Windows will probably take 20gb too.

ah ok, I always see people on hotuk preferring laptops with sdd's as they are faster. Would you recommend the one in the second link then?

I also have this option i can get for £340 using a code

very.co.uk/ace…063

albo63

ah ok, I always see people on hotuk preferring laptops with sdd's as they … ah ok, I always see people on hotuk preferring laptops with sdd's as they are faster. Would you recommend the one in the second link then? I also have this option i can get for £340 using a codehttp://www.very.co.uk/acer-aspire-e-15-intelreg-coretrade-i3-processor-8gb-ddr4-ram-1tb-hard-drive-156-inch-full-hd-laptop-with-intelreg-iristrade-graphics-ndash-white/1600128309.prd?_requestid=480063

​I would wait for the January sales

albo63

ah ok, I always see people on hotuk preferring laptops with sdd's as they … ah ok, I always see people on hotuk preferring laptops with sdd's as they are faster. Would you recommend the one in the second link then? I also have this option i can get for £340 using a codehttp://www.very.co.uk/acer-aspire-e-15-intelreg-coretrade-i3-processor-8gb-ddr4-ram-1tb-hard-drive-156-inch-full-hd-laptop-with-intelreg-iristrade-graphics-ndash-white/1600128309.prd?_requestid=480063

The ideal is to get a laptop with both - you then install the OS (Windows) and frequently-used programs to the SSD, with the standard hard drive for bulk storage.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    2. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    3. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    4. What is gearbest like on warranty?78

See more discussions