Laptop advice

Found 22nd May 2017
Hi!

So I've been looking around now for ages trying to buy a decent laptop. I had bought the Asus Zenbook from Currys which was advertised on here almost a month ago, but had to return it as it was faulty - my luck

So I'm back to the drawing board. There are so many laptops to choose from and I just can't decide. So I'm going to list the all the info and specs I am after, in the hope that someone here can help me...

Please!

-At least 1080p screen
-At least 256SSD
-At least 8GB ram
-Preferably touchscreen
-Preferably lightweight
-At least intel i5 6th generation and up
(BTW can someone advise if a 7th generation i5 is more worthwhile than a 6th generation i7 please?)

Budget: Up to £600 approx. The cheaper the better

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
5 Comments

What was wrong with the zenbook other than being faulty?

We have HP envys and HP spectres at work, lovely machines.

As for the i5/i7 question, I'd rather plump for a 7th gen i5 than a 6th Gen i7, especially if you like a bit of gaming, you need all the GPU power you can muster. GTA 5 plays ok - just - on my 7th gen i5u, doubt it would on the 6th Gen (assuming it's the standard part, not iris)

Original Poster

jaydeeuk1

What was wrong with the zenbook other than being faulty?We have HP envys … What was wrong with the zenbook other than being faulty?We have HP envys and HP spectres at work, lovely machines.

​Well I bought it for under £400 on offer at the time, but now the price is at over £600 (I think?)

Also, it was only 128GB, and Intel core m, which seemed quite week...

Original Poster

merelee

​Well I bought it for under £400 on offer at the time, but now the price i … ​Well I bought it for under £400 on offer at the time, but now the price is at over £600 (I think?)Also, it was only 128GB, and Intel core m, which seemed quite week...

Any other suggestions?​

Was about to post this question. Any suggestions?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions