Laptop advice

Posted 25th Nov
Hi, I am looking to buy a new laptop after 10 years work use (word & excel) with sony vaio which I love. Not at all technical all I know is I am looking for a 17 inch screen and would like intel core i5 or i7 as have never had any bother. Budget would be upto £800 any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
If you are not technical, and therefore needs gobbledegook protection, go to John Lewis, pull out £800 cash and ask for an assistant to treat you with love and tender care, just say: I want an i7, 17" laptop and I don't need sales pitch.

I guarantee you would come out happy very quickly with a 17" laptop and two-year warranty with real customer service.
Edited by: "splender" 25th Nov
Would you consider gaming laptop?

There are not many 17" in the market. And some of it are not good value for money...
Thanks for the reply. I don't know the difference lol, as long as it does what I need I don't suppose it would make any difference.
17.3" ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DT-AU042T, FHD, Ryzen 5 3550H, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, 4GB GTX 1650, Win10
£650
overclockers.co.uk/asu…tml

However, I would recommend instead of getting 17" laptop. Going for a small laptop, then get a laptop stand for £10 with a 27" monitor for £130 and with wireless keyboard and mouse £20.

Like this
ao.com/pro…014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions