Groups

laptop advice

My friend is offering to sell me a laptop because he is getting a new IBM Thinkpad.

It's a Dell Inspiron 500m - 1.4ghz, 30gb hd, 512mb ram, 14 inch screen (1024,768 resolution) CD/DVD rom, (no writer for CDs or DVDs), wireless, infrared,

He also says he can put Linux onto it and will include some other software and stuff. There is a Dell laptop carry case for and the laptop is in good condition, no faults or major marks (some from general usage but it looks good). He also bought a new battery which lasts double than the standard one.

I've had a look and I'm not sure how much I should pay. He has asked for £300.

Just wondering how much it is worth / how much would you pay?

9 Comments

You get get a brand new Dell Inspiron 1501 for £349 with double the hard drive and a CDRW. That's without looking on here for deals!

that laptop is worth maybe £150-£200 max

anymore and u will be a dummy

u dont wanna be a dummy do u?

Way too much. There is one on ebay now for £215 or best offer and that has a 60gb hard drive.

He's either taking the Michael or doesn't realise how quickly laptops depreciate.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than £150.

I would say its worth £150-£200 max depending on condition.

remember that old laptops have nackered batteries, so try and get some information regarding the battery life from the seller. tbh I think you'd be better off going for the £350 dell laptop :-)

nah don't buy it. I wouldn't have a laptop over a desktop because it's so much more difficult to upgrade them. If you're after a cheap, fast laptop, just use a deal someone has posted on here , that's your best bet.

personally I wouldn't buy it cos it's spec is not very good...if you have a £300 budget at present just wait until you have another £50-£100 and put a request for help on here.

See the post from Aimee1985, £300 for a brand new laptop

]http//ww…357

Johnnypanic
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991054
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1016
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions