Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop Battery

Hi,

I am looking for a new battery for my laptop. It only lasts about 4 - 6 minutes. and the battery guage doesn't even get half empty and it goes off.

I have looked online amazon want £45 for one! surely there must be better deals.

Does anyone know a cheap place to get them from, even on ebay they are 30 odd quid and they may be of real poor quality.

Laptop Model:Asus X58L

Thanks for any help

6 Comments

that sound exactly like the problem i had with my toshiba laptop - battery gradually went down lasting 5 mins if that. I bought one off ebay for £30 and its a good as my old one.

Thats where i would look first

Original Poster

s_paul

that sound exactly like the problem i had with my toshiba laptop - … that sound exactly like the problem i had with my toshiba laptop - battery gradually went down lasting 5 mins if that. I bought one off ebay for £30 and its a good as my old one.Thats where i would look first

As good when it was first new?

jonny619447

As good when it was first new?

no it was better. i had a powerful laptop and when ir was new a full battery (6 cell would last just over 1hour 10 mins) now i bpught one for £30 off ebay which is (9cell) and lasts 1hour 40mins
    Edited by: "s_paul" 19th Jan 2011

Original Poster

s_paul

no it was better. i had a powerful laptop and when ir was new a full … no it was better. i had a powerful laptop and when ir was new a full battery (6 cell would last just over 1hour 10 mins) now i bpught one for £18 off ebay which is (9cell) and lasts 1hour 40mins

Oh right. I avoided ebay ones as I thought they would be cheap china knock offs that wouldn't even hold a charge.

Cheers for that
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 19th Jan 2011

just got one today for a friends laptop (they dont have an ebay account). This was no from china but a uk seller. i ordered on Sunday and it arrived today and works well.

Also if they are from asia (china, honk kong etc), the liklihood is that they are produced in the same or near the factories that produce that actual ones you get with your laptops. So they will be good - well thats from my experience anyway.

Original Poster

Thanks s_paul, you have been a great help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1113
      2. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?35
      3. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …66
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!88

See more discussions