laptop best for not overheating?

I want to replace my laptop, i have it on all day and have cooling fans on or it overheats and turns off but the noise of the fans is doing my head in, anyone know any laptops good at staying cool?
cheers

19 Comments

Have you tried cleaning out the 'dust carpet' between the fan and heatsink?

i hve a dell vostro and it burns my legs! my power pack stays cool...partners laptop stays cool but the power-pack is red hot! would be interested in your replies!

i have a notebook cooler, made by thermal i think.. It has a 120mm fan on it at low rpm, v effective for keeping laptop cool. + its silent

thermaltake.com/pro…id=

I'd try a Toshiba Satellite, very reliable machines :thumbsup:
Under £400 too

Original Poster

smudge79;4014485

Have you tried cleaning out the 'dust carpet' between the fan and … Have you tried cleaning out the 'dust carpet' between the fan and heatsink?

yep:thumbsup:

Original Poster

louloo;4014489

i hve a dell vostro and it burns my legs! my power pack stays … i hve a dell vostro and it burns my legs! my power pack stays cool...partners laptop stays cool but the power-pack is red hot! would be interested in your replies!

a few people have recommended dell

smudge79;4014485

Have you tried cleaning out the 'dust carpet' between the fan and … Have you tried cleaning out the 'dust carpet' between the fan and heatsink?

:? More housework?:?

OMG i got a lot to learn! I dont know what you talking about... My lappy stays cool but power pack gets hot.

smudge79;4014485

How do u do that? my fan was making a rite noise this morning

dmissy13;4014524

a few people have recommended dell

lol mine has been like this since new-it gets so hot i dont need the heating on!

rosie2008;4014542

:? More housework?:?lol as if we aint got enough to do:?OMG i got a lot … :? More housework?:?lol as if we aint got enough to do:?OMG i got a lot to learn! I dont know what you talking about... My lappy stays cool but power pack gets hot.

yep thats the alternative i think!

Get a Toshiba

my sons just bought his before xmas and his over heats

dontdothatagain;4014596

Get a Toshiba

not getting a new one-im not made of money like some peeps:oops:

louloo;4014639

not getting a new one-im not made of money like some peeps:oops:

ah, sorry, thought you meant suggestions for new laptops, sorry :oops:

dontdothatagain;4014687

ah, sorry, thought you meant suggestions for new laptops, sorry :oops:

its ok sweetie-ill consider it if/when i buy a new one:thumbsup: i think the op does want a new one.

louloo;4014720

its ok sweetie-ill consider it if/when i buy a new one:thumbsup: i think … its ok sweetie-ill consider it if/when i buy a new one:thumbsup: i think the op does want a new one.

Congrats on 6k :whistling:
No bother :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Inquisitor;4014504

i have a notebook cooler, made by thermal i think.. It has a 120mm fan on … i have a notebook cooler, made by thermal i think.. It has a 120mm fan on it at low rpm, v effective for keeping laptop cool. + its silenthttp://www.thermaltake.com/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00000481&id=C_00000483&name=T1000+&ov=n&ovid=

how much? (site needs me to fill in application forms to get a price:roll:)is it quiet?

i have a samsung R510 and this stays cool even when it has been on for hours at a time.

dontdothatagain;4014735

Congrats on 6k :whistling:No bother :thumbsup:

aww thanks! you noticed:oops:

Original Poster

thanks will have to convince hubby i need a really expensive one lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523394
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614054
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions