Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop - Budget - £500

I am looking for a new Laptop and have a budget of around £500.

I have seen these, but not sure if they are any good or if anyone has any other recommendations.

pixmania.co.uk/uk/…369

laptopsdirect.co.uk/Sam…win

5 Comments

Forget the Acer Aspire, based on my own experience they always develop a fault within the first 1-2 years. Their screens are also really flimsy.

The Samsung is better but it has sold out by the looks of it.

I can only vouch for Dell, I have had my Inspiron 1525 for nearly 2.5 years and it is still going strong. Dell offer better models now, just be sure that whatever you purchase; you get a decent warranty cover. If your going to spend THAT much money on a new laptop, get at least 2 years cover for hardware faults.

Dell are pretty good at haggling over the phone too. I got £50 off mine by saying that I had to stick to my budget of £425. First they said no, then I said I would think about it, then they called me back with a better offer!

Good luck.
    Edited by: "Surefire_MJ" 19th Dec 2010

Insipiron Duo is a brilliant concept if that's what you're after but the specs aren't that good.

there are some amazing laptops on HP now, in the sale too

Try Dell outlet, last week bagged a £700 inspiron laptop for £332 approx.Less than half price
    Avoid pixmania at all costs
    Edited by: "Bully" 20th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Thanks for the replys guys. Do any of you have good links to any of the deals?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)47
      2. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar11
      3. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?55
      4. Amsterdam Booking.com advice33

See more discussions