Laptop charger broke snapped Uk connection

14 replies
Found 6th Jan
Hello i have broke my laptop charger uk wall socket part.

kinda looks like this one

amazon.co.uk/Sma…ger

the uk think clips off i guess so if you travel you can put a us or something idk but it comes off .

though i cant find one anywhere, any one got any help?

14 Comments

Travel Adaptor Plug: Worldwide / European Visitor To Uk amazon.co.uk/dp/…W4X

also available in pound shops

Original Poster

random_dude

Travel Adaptor Plug: Worldwide / European Visitor To Uk … Travel Adaptor Plug: Worldwide / European Visitor To Uk https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000P0FIUM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Jt-Byb9F8SW4Xalso available in pound shops

no its not that what i want. i have the charger above linked but 1 of the 3 pins has snapped off.

but you can disattach the 3 wall pins, like it is attacted to the charger.

i need to know where sells a 3wall attachment for the same charger if you get me.

so if you take off the broken 3 pin UK bit what's behind it? normally you'd have a 2 pin euro plug

llukejames

i have the charger above linked but 1 of the 3 pins has snapped off.but … i have the charger above linked but 1 of the 3 pins has snapped off.but you can disattach the 3 wall pins, like it is attacted to the charger. i need to know where sells a 3wall attachment for the same charger if you get me.

Is it the earth pin that has sheared?

short term, push the broken earth pin into a socket then the live and neutral plug will fit, earth pin only serves to open shield, not normally wired as it'll be plastic
Edited by: "random_dude" 6th Jan

Original Poster

imgur.com/a/7…Q85" alt="imgur.com/a/7…Q85" />

imgur.com/a/7…Q85

ive posted a link to a picture to help me explain. thanks guys
Edited by: "llukejames" 6th Jan

or go with quick fix above, I've been using a phone charger that way for years

llukejames

http://imgur.com/a/7wQ85ive posted a link to a picture to help me … http://imgur.com/a/7wQ85ive posted a link to a picture to help me explain. thanks guys

Obtain one of these mains 2or3-way adapters or similar ebay.co.uk/itm…623
Whilst NOT plugged into a wall socket, shuv your busted earth pin into one of the 2/3way adapter's earth sockets (probably best to use the one opposite the adapter's mains pins).
Re-attach the (now) 2pin UK connector to your power supply.
Plug that assembly into the 2/3way adapter near the earth pin you had inserted.
Job done, you can continue to use your original power supply that should be now be left permanently fitted to the mains 2/3-way adapter.
There should be no need to ever remove the charger from the 2/3way adapter.
Total cost under £3, possibly less if you can find a cost-effective 2/3way mains adaptor in local hardware outlet.

just checked pic again and double insulated so earth pin does nothing but open shield

Who makes it? Can't the manufacturers customer service help?

if it's just the cable then they are all interchangeable, if it's the adaptor part then you may find a multi adaptor type easier as it can be used for other laptops in future. also you will nearly always find an equivalent UK type version either on amazon or eBay. or even 200's of others of shops.
just make sure the voltage and output amps are exactly the same as yours.
you'll be surprised as a lot sell for under £10 complete matches.

or just use one of these, ebay.co.uk/itm…885?hash=item541f073cd5:g:dXkAAOSwl8NVVh7J, you can find them a dime for a dozen, just glue it to your broken plug, don't even need the broken pin,
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2587
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247574
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322829
    4. word association Game74244874

See more discussions