laptop charger interfering with laptop touchpad

going on from my thread lastnight, ive figured out that my touchpad wont work properly when my charger is plugged in. however when running off battery works fine. anyone know why this is and if theres anything i can do to overcome it. if i buy a usb mouse will it work ok with the charger in or not? anyone else had this problem?

14 Comments

I had this a few years ago on a laptop. I found that the charger was faulty. Something to do with static I think. It was ages ago when laptops cost over £1,000, so I can't remember all the details. I just used the battery because of this and the fact that a new charger was expensive.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5676916

I had this a few years ago on a laptop. I found that the charger was … I had this a few years ago on a laptop. I found that the charger was faulty. Something to do with static I think. It was ages ago when laptops cost over £1,000, so I can't remember all the details. I just used the battery because of this and the fact that a new charger was expensive.

hmmm might see if anyone would let me try their charger to see what happens. if i send this one back its 2 sets of postage to pay and the new one might just do the same. i would run it off the battery but mine doesnt last long, about 30 mins

Can you take the battery out and run it from the mains alone? If the battery is only good for 30 minutes then it might be that which is faulty. Give it a go, there is no harm in trying.

By the way, a USB mouse will solve the problem.

What type of notebook is it.? and model

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5676974

Can you take the battery out and run it from the mains alone? If the … Can you take the battery out and run it from the mains alone? If the battery is only good for 30 minutes then it might be that which is faulty. Give it a go, there is no harm in trying.

yeah it runs off the mains, but still being awkward

Original Poster

guru_the;5676982

What type of notebook is it.? and model

fujitsu siemens amilo 7320

donnaraine;5676992

yeah it runs off the mains, but still being awkward

OK. It is going to be the charger unit. Don't mess with any software on your computer, it wont get fixed that way. Try a USB mouse to see if the problem still exists, but I think it will work ok.

Sorry don't know that model. What others said is 80% right, but might now be motherboard too 20%
I would say, hopefully someone will lend you a charger.

Or goto store you gotten it off, tell them that you want to try one of there charger before you buy.
Might let you test to confirm. Then check for price later.

If your charger is getting warm, if you contact fujitsu they might swap it for you anyhow.

Original Poster

guru_the;5677036

Sorry don't know that model. What others said is 80% right, but might now … Sorry don't know that model. What others said is 80% right, but might now be motherboard too 20%I would say, hopefully someone will lend you a charger.Or goto store you gotten it off, tell them that you want to try one of there charger before you buy.Might let you test to confirm. Then check for price later.If your charger is getting warm, if you contact fujitsu they might swap it for you anyhow.

the laptop is nearly 3 years old, its a universal charger as the original one went kaputt. is there no chance that the problem might just resolve itself?

Be best with new charger. Sorry and it may not fix it (20% chance)

My lappy is exactly the same, old charger went bang, new charger makes touch-pad erratic. I've been using a cordless mouse with mine for about a year no problem. I doubt it will fix itself, mine hasn't.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5677777

My lappy is exactly the same, old charger went bang, new charger makes … My lappy is exactly the same, old charger went bang, new charger makes touch-pad erratic. I've been using a cordless mouse with mine for about a year no problem. I doubt it will fix itself, mine hasn't.

thanks i might consider getting one, just dont want to waste the money on one if its going to be the same as my touchpad

does the laptop work fine with plugged into the mains without the battery?

if it does then it's because the 5v rail can't carry enough charge to recharge a failing battery and power the touchpad at the same time (it will work though with just the battery or just the mains) cheapest way to solve this is a new battery.

Original Poster

keeyop;5677921

does the laptop work fine with plugged into the mains without the … does the laptop work fine with plugged into the mains without the battery?if it does then it's because the 5v rail can't carry enough charge to recharge a failing battery and power the touchpad at the same time (it will work though with just the battery or just the mains) cheapest way to solve this is a new battery.

still working dodgy

ive noticed if i run it off the battery, then plug the mains in it works ok for a bit, then gradually gets worse
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions