EXPIRED

Laptop - cheap and cheerful please!

[SIZE=2]I have to go back to uni this year as just got a job as trainee probation officer, so uni here we come![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Laptop is gonna be handy as travelling back and forth to uni etc and educational weekends (oh they do sounds fun...). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Sadly i have only have around £300 to spend, but have found one in pcworld for £350 which is 512mb & 40g, all i want it for is to write essays and go on t'internet. No games, no dvds, no nothing - just plain and simple... are there any better deals than this?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thanks[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Emily x[/SIZE]

3 Comments

]http//ww…x=1

I'm not sure if this is the one that you're talking about but it looks good. For that extra £50 you're getting a mouse, a case and a 50 pack of writable DVD discs. It is a little above the spec that you want in that it has a dvdrw drive but this could be very useful if you want to backup work etc. The case is definitely worth it, I know people who didn't bother getting a laptop case and their laptop ended up getting bashed about and broken very quickly.

It has a reasonable 1.6 GHz processor and 512 mb RAM. I would not go for anything less than 512 mb (many cheap laptops have 256mb). 512mb is a good amount of RAM for wordprocessing, internet etc. especially if you have more than one window up at once.

if you do get it, reserve it online & collect at the store to save £15

Original Poster

Thanks 4 that! yep same one as id seen in paper and on net. think i might hold on 4 a week or so as they tend to do even more deals the weekend before the kids go back 2 school - fingers crossed anyways!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help choosing an Android box please.22
    2. Boiler Question11
    3. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?812
    4. samsung s7 edge lcd -rose gold (pink)35

See more discussions