Groups

Laptop / Chromebook budget of £200

Looking for a cheap, but useful laptop or Chromebook with a budget of around £200. I have never had a Chromebook so know nothing about them.

Thanks in advance.

15 Comments

You really need to help clarify what you are doing with the device, £200 does not get you a lot in the new market and when you set goals for it you're unlikely to get something that's good for everything. Without some idea of what you want/need people may as well just post every £200 laptop but then you still end up where you are now with little idea of what's best for your needs. Some ideas of things that can help to know (the more you post and tell us the more help that can really be offered).

- Internet browsing
    - Playing games (if so what games even if they are very old basic ones)
    - Office work
    - Do you need good battery life
    - What size screen do you want
    - Do you have any software you need to do eg. MS office, software for any devices you have etc
    Edited by: "Astec123" 20th Oct 2016

Try Tesco online for Asus laptops

Chromebook mate. You won't go back.

I get between 7-8hrs between charges with my chromebook. It doesn't get hot, it is silent. It's fast, light, easy to use, 6second boot time.

I have this one -

techradar.com/rev…iew

Love it, before this one I had an HP one. This one has a better screen & HDMI out. I would never go back to a windows machine now.

I just have my laptop about for when I want to download some torrents. For web browsing, youtube etc which is all I use it for, It is unbeatable.

Original Poster

benjammin316

Chromebook mate. You won't go back.I get between 7-8hrs between charges … Chromebook mate. You won't go back.I get between 7-8hrs between charges with my chromebook. It doesn't get hot, it is silent. It's fast, light, easy to use, 6second boot time. I have this one - http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/acer-chromebook-13-1260969/reviewLove it, before this one I had an HP one. This one has a better screen & HDMI out. I would never go back to a windows machine now. I just have my laptop about for when I want to download some torrents. For web browsing, youtube etc which is all I use it for, It is unbeatable.

Thanks mate.

Is yours an old one as I can't seem to find it. Are any of the two I posted any good do you think?

kirkie

Thanks mate.Is yours an old one as I can't seem to find it. Are any of … Thanks mate.Is yours an old one as I can't seem to find it. Are any of the two I posted any good do you think?

This one is a few years old. Got it for a bargain price from Amazon Warehouse deals.

You cannot go wrong with an HP Or Acer Chromebook In my opinion as that is what I have owned the last 3/4 years or so.

I would say get one with a 1080p screen however. I really notice the difference, as most normal people would do!

eBay may be a better option mate. No need to get the latest one or anything as this machine will see me through for years to come I am sure of it

For the record I'd always choose an Asus device over HP or Acer, including Chromebooks, their track record is better.

jazzuk777

For the record I'd always choose an Asus device over HP or Acer, … For the record I'd always choose an Asus device over HP or Acer, including Chromebooks, their track record is better.

Everyone has different experiences.

For the record, of course.

benjammin316

Everyone has different experiences.For the record, of course.

Yes - but *for* the actual record - Asus and Toshiba have better reliability statistics than HP, Acer and Lenovo...just for the record

Edited by: "jazzuk777" 21st Oct 2016

jazzuk777

Yes - but *for* the actual record - Asus and Toshiba have better … Yes - but *for* the actual record - Asus and Toshiba have better reliability statistics than HP, Acer and Lenovo...just for the record

Got some links?

It's old admittedly but it's the best data there is, and the experience I have with HP, Acer and Lenovo bears it out squaretrade.com/htm…pdf

Just bought an acer chromebook 15 from ebuyer.com
    love it.

stv1950

Just bought an acer chromebook 15 from ebuyer.comlove it.

This one?

Sorry for the delay, yes that's the one. Last week it was £241
    Edited by: "stv1950" 23rd Oct 2016

stv1950

Sorry for the delay, yes that's the one. Last week it was £241

Return it and buy this chromebook instead, it comes with a FHD screen.
    hotukdeals.com/dea…258
    Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 24th Oct 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927367
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions