Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop deal needed (urgently)

Hello, my sons birthday is coming up soon and he has had a change of mind and asked for a laptop with a G4 grafic card??
    I dont know much about grafic cards so dont really know the requirements for playing games on a laptop and what's good or not! I need help please!

Also I can only consider second hand / refurb laptops so if you can point me out to the right direction and the right laptop he would be really grateful I am sure!!

Thanks

4 Comments

Never heard of it. Get dedicated graphics 8400M 8600M 8800M - G4 is generation 4 in normal usage... like an old Apple laptop.

Original Poster

thanks for your reply. On doing some research I actually think he meant Geforce!! :oops:

That seems more likely.

What sort of games is he likely to be playing, if he knows he wants a geforce then they may be beyond the capabilities of the sort of laptops you could afford (I assume you're looking at around £200 if only second hand/refurbished is an option?)

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;2505413

That seems more likely.What sort of games is he likely to be playing, if … That seems more likely.What sort of games is he likely to be playing, if he knows he wants a geforce then they may be beyond the capabilities of the sort of laptops you could afford (I assume you're looking at around £200 if only second hand/refurbished is an option?)

you are absolutely right about the cost ££
    I havent got an idea why he wants a laptop to play game with since he already has a ps and a wii!
    And is not like he will be carrying it around the streets around these days he''ll get robbed!
    He will be playing sport/shooting/action games typical 12 years old games..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1436
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114441
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767105
      4. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1021

See more discussions