Groups
    EXPIRED

laptop deal wanted

i am getting fed up of looking for a good deal. Heres what i have got so far for the rough spec i am after but i want to know if im paying about the right price
    around 2ghz processor
    160gb hardrive
    3gb RAM
    15.4" screen
    intel core 2 duo
    ( apologies if anything is worng as ive asked this question before and got a few tech things wrong)
    These have been on acer or hp laptops as i cant afford other prefered makes like sony and these are around the £350-£400 is that about right and what warranty am i to expect
    Any help much appreciated

4 Comments

A quick search found this.. - cheap and fit for purpose

direct.asda.com/Ema…tml

Emachines Dual Core Laptop

Subtotal: £289.00

Description

This latest Emachines wireless notebook has been designed to combine the most popular and useful features with trusted technology. It is powered by a fast AMD Athlon™ 64 'dual core' processor and 1GB of RAM, it runs on Windows Vista Basic operating system, and it has a large 160gb hard drive for storing music, videos, photos and all your other documents. The integrated ATI Radeon technology makes video and graphics look great, and the integrated WIFI technology enables you to connect to internet hot spots around the country, as well as connecting 'wirelessly' to the internet from any room in your house, or even from the garden (wireless router required).

The bright 14.1ins widescreen display is perfect for watching DVD movies and viewing multiple applications at once. The DVD-R/RW drive also allows you to burn music, video, photos and other content to DVDs or CDs using the CD/DVD making software that is supplied. It even burns onto high capacity dual layer DVD's. Listening to music and movie audio is enhanced by the notebook’s high-definition audio support with two built-in stereo speakers, headphone/speaker jack and microphone jack. Plus, there are three USB 2.0 ports which make it easy to connect popular peripherals and digital media devices, such as MP3 players, cameras and camcorders.

The laptop comes with a fantastic software pack! Including:
    Adobe Reader for reading PDFs
    Microsoft Works for letters, spreadsheets etc.
    NTI CD/DVD Maker and Corel WinDVD for DVD playback
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 60 day trial
    Norton Anti Virus and Internet Security 60 day trial
    Launch Manager

Full SpecificationSize Black
    Processor AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core Processor QL-60/QL62 (1MB Cache, 1.90/ GHz, DDR2 667 MHz 35 W)
    Operating System Microsoft Vista Home Basic
    Storage Capacity 160GB
    RAM (MB) 1GB
    Screen Size (inch) 14.1in
    Disc Drive is DVD-RW Dual Layer
    Graphics Shared Graphics
    Wireless Enabled Yes
    USB Port 3
    Weight 3.8kg
    Speakers Included Yes

Subtotal: £289.00

Original Poster

In comparison i can now see why im looking at another £100 for the extra size screen, more RAM and in some cases storage.
    My sister is looking to get one too and i want to try and get a deal for having 2. They just seem to be laughing at me:oops: in empire direct, comet and currys so am i wasting my time or am i just not doing it right

miffy121;3929022

In comparison i can now see why im looking at another £100 for the extra … In comparison i can now see why im looking at another £100 for the extra size screen, more RAM and in some cases storage.My sister is looking to get one too and i want to try and get a deal for having 2. They just seem to be laughing at me:oops: in empire direct, comet and currys so am i wasting my time or am i just not doing it right

laptops Direct in Huddesfield ?

Rick
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions