Expired

Laptop deals

1 reply
Found 20th Oct 2007
Hi my current laptop is on its last legs so I am in search of a new one. I am looking for a laptop that has a core duo processor and hopefully some alright specs. I dont need it for playing games or anything just general stuff e.g. browsing the internet and creating documents. I dont really mind what make it is but I am looking for something that is anything up to £400/£500 very max. I also want something that is hopefully a bargain and not just a low price for a reason if you know what i mean :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
2 Comments

Okay, in the low-end laptop market you need to look for a few things:

Something that ISN'T a celron: they're slow, and there are a good number of laptops with low-end core 2 duos that are much quicker

The more ram the better, I'd be hoping for 1 gig minimum

What the graphics chip is: Intel ones are awful, see if you can get something with, say, a radeon Xpress which will be vastly superior (but still not up to gaming)

Edit: typo

After a quick look around, I see this at ebuyer

this is an AMD chip, which could be a good or a bad thing depending on your own opinion, but is a decent make, has a usable graphics chip, plenty of ram and iirc ASUS laptops come with a 2 year warranty instead of 1

ebuyer.com/pro…141

Alternatively, you can configure yourself a dell to avoid the celeron chip, make sure you've got the RAM, and even select XP to avoid vista. Plus dell let you upgrade to a bigger battery for not-too-much money, which may be of interest
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48
    5. What's this on my neighbours roof?910

See more discussions