Laptop decision

LocalFound 30th May 2017
This :
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

With 9% Topcashback

Or this :
laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-…asp

So basically the same price overall.
To be used for internet, managing photos, Office, things like that.

Thanks
Community Updates
AskLaptop
13 Comments
as a super quick look, I'd say the Currys one because it's got the 7th gen processors... 7th gen is needed if you ever wanna stream 4k Netflix....... and it's slightly faster than 6th Gen, obv
yes, would have to agree, curry's one is a bargain to be fair
Thank you for your reply. It's 4k possible without
it being Full HD?
Thank you for your reply. Will 4k be possible without Full HD?
I wouldn't buy neither. You should be looking at laptops with FHD screens at those prices.

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 30th May 2017
Gowlande

They look okay but do seem a tad overpriced for HPs, from past experince … They look okay but do seem a tad overpriced for HPs, from past experince HPs are terrible in terms of build quality but warranty and customer service is very good. With your budget in mind I found 3 alternatives all offering something great, the last one is out of the budget but worth considering. For Features/build and good price: http://dell.to/2rAaRHkFor spec/value: http://dell.to/2rfoBUGFor Both: http://dell.to/2s9ruGE

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I don't want to buy refurbished though, and the last one has a smaller ssd?
RiverDragon8

I wouldn't buy neither. You should be looking at laptops with FHD screens … I wouldn't buy neither. You should be looking at laptops with FHD screens at those prices.

Such as?
At them prices the FHD will be of lower quality such as the refreash rate causing more judder as it has been known for FHD screens to be lile this for the cheaper option.
I'll go for the one with the 7th gen i5 as intel will only have a certain amount of time to keep updating the firmware for the processor. You'll have a longer time which intel will continue to support 7th gen than 6th gen
I think personally fhd or above is not really needed at 15.4inch unless gaming and you could always plug a hdmi lead in and connect it to your tv to receive higher resolutions. also regarding your question about 4k, its will play as the onboard gpu of the i5 will process it well and be able to play games like cod, battlefield, most games at lower quality, however you will not get the 4k quality as it relies on the screen output which is around 720p
Edited by: "123mark123" 30th May 2017
123mark123

I think personally fhd or above is not really needed at 15.4inch unless … I think personally fhd or above is not really needed at 15.4inch unless gaming and you could always plug a hdmi lead in and connect it to your tv to receive higher resolutions.

Please do everyone a favour and stop commenting on here.
lukemyster1

Such as?

hotukdeals.com/dea…581 this laptop is below £500 with tcb. Comes with a 14'' IPS panel.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 30th May 2017
RiverDragon8

Please do everyone a favour and stop commenting on here.

why if I help to contribute by giving up my free time, why is that such a problem?
123mark123

why if I help to contribute by giving up my free time, why is that such a … why if I help to contribute by giving up my free time, why is that such a problem?

Your're right, my apologises.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants