Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop etc for 7yr old

Morning all

Need some advice, my 7yr daughter would like a laptop for xmas but im unsure of what i need to look for really, cannot afford loads probably £300 max.

Any advice would be greatful, thanx

6 Comments

Banned

I would look at the netbooks. Very much cheaper so you wont be too put out if it gets trashed.

Start from £130 approx, and they are smaller for them to cart about. They can hook up to the internet via a usb dongle and whilst some have small hard drives they tend to rely on using memory sticks to store info. Perfect for a 7yr old girl

Original Poster

Thanx

would this be ok for just brousing internet and small amount of homework. We have virgin internet so would we still need a dongle or can we just do wireless.

as u can tell not sure what i need lol

nessynoo01;6204100

Thanxwould this be ok for just brousing internet and small amount of … Thanxwould this be ok for just brousing internet and small amount of homework. We have virgin internet so would we still need a dongle or can we just do wireless.as u can tell not sure what i need lol

That laptop is fine for browsing the internet and homework. The only negative I can find is the absence of a DVD/CD drive. But you can always buy an external drive and plug it in.

The laptop is ready for wireless internet and can connect to the internet via wifi. But for wireless internet you will need a wireless router.

------------------------

Edit1: Before going out and buying any router - you need to look for Wireless routers for CABLE connectors (DSL) and not ADSL.

Original Poster

Nodame;6205093

That laptop is fine for browsing the internet and homework. The only … That laptop is fine for browsing the internet and homework. The only negative I can find is the absence of a DVD/CD drive. But you can always buy an external drive and plug it in.The laptop is ready for wireless internet and can connect to the internet via wifi. But for wireless internet you will need a wireless router.------------------------Edit1: Before going out and buying any router - you need to look for Wireless routers for CABLE connectors (DSL) and not ADSL.

ok thanx

so i already have a wireless router for the laptop im on now, can i use the same one for more than 1 laptop.

tesco's is perfect for me as can get employee discount aswell so even cheaper for me.

Banned

nessynoo01;6205998

ok thanxso i already have a wireless router for the laptop im on now, can … ok thanxso i already have a wireless router for the laptop im on now, can i use the same one for more than 1 laptop.tesco's is perfect for me as can get employee discount aswell so even cheaper for me.

Yes you can use your current router, most of modern routers will allow several connections. You will just find that the more users the slower the speeds, as it is sharing it about. However I have 5 separate connections currently on my 'sky' router and I dont notice any significant drop in connections speed
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which MacBook?11
      2. Xiaomi phones57
      3. Buying crypto currencies22
      4. Sky or virgin66

See more discussions