laptop fan coolers

Banned
do they work, daughters laptop keeps getting real hot when playing the sims and shuttin down

31 Comments

They aid cooling but the ones I have bought don't seem to last very long. I have been buying the cheapest ones I can find though so it may be a case of you get what you pay for.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i think the laptop is near death, i had the same problem with 2 laptops and shortly after they were in lappy heaven:x

Original Poster Banned

transit;6749260

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i think the laptop is near … im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i think the laptop is near death, i had the same problem with 2 laptops and shortly after they were in lappy heaven:x

behave it only just 12 months old, it best not be, it only happens with the sims

sassie;6749269

behave it only just 12 months old, it best not be, it only happens with … behave it only just 12 months old, it best not be, it only happens with the sims

well i hope im wrong, but just brace yourself :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

transit;6749278

well i hope im wrong, but just brace yourself :thumbsup:

well if it is, look out dell, you will have a bloody fight on your hands

sassie;6749282

*cowers in corner*:)

Original Poster Banned

Painkiller;6749259

They aid cooling but the ones I have bought don't seem to last very long. … They aid cooling but the ones I have bought don't seem to last very long. I have been buying the cheapest ones I can find though so it may be a case of you get what you pay for.

whoops missed ya post, where you having same problems and did it stop them?

sassie;6749282

Shouldn't say stuff like that. Dell might close down with fear.:-D

Original Poster Banned

deek72;6749320

Shouldn't say stuff like that. Dell might close down with fear.:-D

starting to worry now, i flippin hope it isnt on its way out, it stays cool all other times just gets really hot when playing sims3

Maybe worth an email to Dell now before the lappy gets any older

Just 12 months old? So is it out if warranty?

sassie;6749294

whoops missed ya post, where you having same problems and did it stop … whoops missed ya post, where you having same problems and did it stop them?

I use one underneath my xbox 360. It works in that you can feel the hot air being blown out of the back of the unit. I can't guarantee it would stop your laptop from crashing but should help to cool it.

Original Poster Banned

deek72;6749383

Just 12 months old? So is it out if warranty?

just checked and its just under by a week or so, cant find the bloody link to email them :oops:

by the service tag it has one day left, but didnt receive laptop till the 6th nov 08. it was ordered the 31st october, surely it starts from receiving it, not from when ordered

sassie;6749392

just checked and its just under by a week or so, cant find the bloody … just checked and its just under by a week or so, cant find the bloody link to email them :oops:by the service tag it has one day left

Ring them - don't risk them leaving it a day before they reply

Original Poster Banned

DAMNOME;6749432

Ring them - don't risk them leaving it a day before they reply

they not open, will have to ring tomorrow, is this the number i need to ring 0844 338 1000 it was purchased via the outlet

Have you tried blowing the dust out of the laptop using a can of compressed air? Over time it's a frequent cause of laptops overheating and shutting down as the fans are constantly sucking in air with dust which gradually builds up and clogs the intakes.

John

Original Poster Banned

Johnmcl7;6749565

Have you tried blowing the dust out of the laptop using a can of … Have you tried blowing the dust out of the laptop using a can of compressed air? Over time it's a frequent cause of laptops overheating and shutting down as the fans are constantly sucking in air with dust which gradually builds up and clogs the intakes.John

no i havent, dont happen to have any and wouldnt know how to even get to the fan

sassie;6749461

they not open, will have to ring tomorrow, is this the number i need to … they not open, will have to ring tomorrow, is this the number i need to ring 0844 338 1000 it was purchased via the outlet

Try this standard landline no. 01344 373727

sassie;6749594

no i havent, dont happen to have any and wouldnt know how to even get to … no i havent, dont happen to have any and wouldnt know how to even get to the fan

You don't need to get to the fan - you simply need to blow air in the intake and outake parts of the cooling system.

John

Original Poster Banned

Johnmcl7;6749715

You don't need to get to the fan - you simply need to blow air in the … You don't need to get to the fan - you simply need to blow air in the intake and outake parts of the cooling system.John

would a hair drier work on cold air :oops:

sassie;6749326

starting to worry now, i flippin hope it isnt on its way out, it stays … starting to worry now, i flippin hope it isnt on its way out, it stays cool all other times just gets really hot when playing sims3

is it a dell if so they are un-reliable

sassie;6749723

would a hair drier work on cold air :oops:

Nope, pressure is too low and not precise enough.

John

Original Poster Banned

car_mad1;6749736

thanks
Johnmcl7;6749976

Nope, pressure is too low and not precise enough.John

okey doke, will ring them tomorrow and see what they say

Johnmcl7;6749565

Have you tried blowing the dust out of the laptop using a can of … Have you tried blowing the dust out of the laptop using a can of compressed air? Over time it's a frequent cause of laptops overheating and shutting down as the fans are constantly sucking in air with dust which gradually builds up and clogs the intakes.John

I can vouch for that, my fan became faulty (on my dell) after 6 months. When he took it out you should of seen the dust bunny inside it. I needed a crane to pick it up, well not that bad... but it was pretty big! :oops:

sassie;6749461

they not open, will have to ring tomorrow, is this the number i need to … they not open, will have to ring tomorrow, is this the number i need to ring 0844 338 1000 it was purchased via the outlet

You dont go through the outlet for technical problems, look on the website for the technical helpline number

My lappie kept doing this and the solution for me was to hoover out the dust etc from the fans - just get the hose of your hoover and give them a good clean - problem solved

car_mad1;6749736

I know. Damn lucky how they got to be the 2nd biggest computer manufacturer in the world by pumping out unrelaible machines. :whistling:

Sassie really sorry just spammed this by mistake :oops:

deanos;6750094

You dont go through the outlet for technical problems, look on the … You dont go through the outlet for technical problems, look on the website for the technical helpline number

Yep - Outlet machines are supported by the standard warrant,y they're not really treated any differently after purchase. If it's still within warranty probably worth getting Dell to have a look at it even if they only need to clean it out.

John

How did you get on with this?

Original Poster Banned

DAMNOME;6761193

How did you get on with this?

was the heatsink went back for repair under warranty
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions