Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop for £400

Hi All,

Hoping some of you kind people can point me in the direction of a half decent laptop which will be used for surfing, downloading, converting DVD's, and generally listening to music and watching films.

HDMI socket would be useful but not a deal breaker if without.

Was looking at the i3 processors but wondered if this is too powerful for what I really need it for?

Any recommendations around the £400 mark is much appreciated.

Cheers

13 Comments

Banned

i have a hp g62 laptop with i3 and really recomend it but its £429 cheapest ive seen.

Original Poster

[QUOTE=riteondeals;8927030]i have a hp g62 laptop with i3 and really recomend it but its £429 cheapest ive seen.[/QUOTE

If you have a link where it's that price I might just consider it it?

Thanks for your advice

Original Poster

richx45;8927035

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/189888:thumbsup:

Looks good but would that processor be capable of multitasking etc? Sorry but I'm a complete noon at these things.

Thanks for the headsup!

Of course! thats a great spec for that price!

As for the other poster, cheapest I could find for the i3 was here:

amazon.co.uk/dp/…CNK''

Only £2 over!

Banned

u no what amazon are like i saw it for £429 the other week so yeh

Original Poster

richx45;8927083

Of course! thats a great spec for that price!As for the other poster, … Of course! thats a great spec for that price!As for the other poster, cheapest I could find for the i3 was here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003BYRCNK/ref=asc_df_B003BYRCNK696011?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=***************&linkCode=asn&creative=7974&creativeASIN=B003BYRCNK''Only £2 over!

I have found a Dell 1564, i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD for £429...would you snap it up at this price or go for the one you posted?

Original Poster

Thanks for amazon link BTW :0)

coxy82;8927182

Thanks for amazon link BTW :0)

No worries, feel free to rep!

You can't go wrong with either of those links, the asus one is a bagain, for the specs, but i3 is slightly newer tech!

Original Poster

richx45;8927216

No worries, feel free to rep! You can't go wrong with either of those … No worries, feel free to rep! You can't go wrong with either of those links, the asus one is a bagain, for the specs, but i3 is slightly newer tech!

Decisions decisions...Mmm!

Rep left for you both.

The reason I sent you the first link is cos it's great laptop vs price, oh & it has 49 FIVE STAR reviews!

Original Poster

richx45;8927254

The reason I sent you the first link is cos it's great laptop vs price, … The reason I sent you the first link is cos it's great laptop vs price, oh & it has 49 FIVE STAR reviews!

Guess that's enough for me...will purchase first thing in the morning!

Unless...someone can beat that great spec and price by then?

Wow that Asus looks ace...... mighty tempted myself. Good find.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bmw, Mercedes or Range Rover22
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)48
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??22
      4. Laptop (not for gaming )11

See more discussions