Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop for £800, thinking Sony AR51

My father in law wants a laptop. He isn't great with computers. His needs aren't great. He is a Sony fanboy though and likes good design. He wants it to play DVDs on holiday so i thought a 17" screen is needed.

My quick find is the Sony Vaio AR51 M

play.com/PC/…tml

Its £799.99 but there is a 5% code and 4% Quidco. I know I can get a better Dell for this price but what else that is stylish in this price bracket?

10 Comments

Original Poster

My Dell find is the Inspiron 1720 for £648.99

Mate, if you have £800 to spend on a laptop. Book yourself a flight to New York for the weekend, buy one over their for half the price and enjoy the holiday. Don't buy one in the UK as they are twice the price of the USA.

Banned

get a mac mate

I always go for whatever the recommended is in PC Advisor. See their website, reviews section:

pcadvisor.co.uk/rev…d=5

Original Poster

Thanks so far. I asked him if he wanted a Mac, answer no. Its his money and he doesn't want to fly to New York.

Personally I think he should just get a £300 Dell but he wants to spend £800 on a Laptop that will be good for watching DVDs. If you can find something better than the Sony from Play I'm all ears.:)

For that price you might be able to get a laptop good enough to play blu-ray, if he's into watching DVDs that's the way I'd go.

300 pound lappy will do all what he wants on easily and play dvd's no problem, well even a 200 pound lappy will play them just fine.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;2078739

For that price you might be able to get a laptop good enough to play … For that price you might be able to get a laptop good enough to play blu-ray, if he's into watching DVDs that's the way I'd go.

The Sony one I posted plays Bluray.

spudgun;2079077

The Sony one I posted plays Bluray.

Oh sorry, I missed that. Does the mobile 8400m have purevideo 2?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband45
      2. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)33
      3. Ditched Sky1012
      4. Ap on iPhone ios1122

See more discussions