Laptop for a teacher

Posted 10th May
Hello all I am clueless as to laptops but my wife's has just packed in. Looking to spend up to 500.
She needs it for work mainly won't really use it much for personal use. Please please could I have some advice and maybe a link to one or two that i could share with her
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
need to talk to employer/education authority. They should be able to provide or at the very least give a spec for you to match
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Something like this. Don’t worry about MS office as I’m pretty sure teachers can get the full product for about £10. Just add a 1tb external drive they’re pretty cheap and she should be good to go.
discozohan10/05/2020 19:07

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-3000-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10190038-pdt.htmlSomething like this. Don’t worry about MS office as I’m pretty sure teachers can get the full product for about £10. Just add a 1tb external drive they’re pretty cheap and she should be good to go.

Most LA’s have done deals with Microsoft so that you can log in to your school account and use the MS office packages at home for free.
When you say her current one has packed up, what does that mean? E.g. if you attempt to power on the laptop, what happens?
morgie10/05/2020 21:19

When you say her current one has packed up, what does that mean? E.g. if …When you say her current one has packed up, what does that mean? E.g. if you attempt to power on the laptop, what happens?

The one she has now is about 6 years old and has been in its way out for a while it's just about time got a new one really it feels slow and she wants a new one
kieronmclaughlin1810/05/2020 22:02

The one she has now is about 6 years old and has been in its way out for a …The one she has now is about 6 years old and has been in its way out for a while it's just about time got a new one really it feels slow and she wants a new one

OK - quite possible that if it still has a mechanical hard drive, installing a solid state drive with a fresh install of Windows could make it feel like a new machine. RAM can also be considered, but the HDD to SSD would be the much bigger change for performance.
Edited by: "morgie" 10th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions