Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop For Around £300

Looking for a good laptop with a budget of about £300

13 Comments

Best post this in the for sale section and watch the offer flood in

Deal requests is the right section :thumbsup:

Usually Dell have some pretty good deals on.

Also try places like Aldi as they have offers on from time to time which gives a lot for the money

Just bought a cracker from Argos for £399 - Sony Viao

argos.co.uk/web…IAO

Original Poster

ChocolateStel;3615520

Just bought a cracker from Argos for £399 - Sony … Just bought a cracker from Argos for £399 - Sony Viaohttp://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=SONY+VIAO

Probably a little over budget. It is for my nephew...

Hi! Im no expert, but I bought THIS ebuyer.com/pro…240 laptop last week, based on recommendations from this site and the PC Advisor site forums. I absolutely love it. Its come down £6 from last week, probably the VAT difference. It has good build quality, it feels really nice to type on, the screen is nicely lit, and ... well I have no complaints! The only thing is that the extra free 1gb memory comes in a separate envelope, not actually in the laptop! However, the local pc shop guy said he'll pop it in for me, for a fiver as I don't want to open mine up. In the meantime, Ive been surfing the net, on youtube, etc, and its running really fast as it is. The thing that really decided me on this though, is that the 3 yr HP warranty only cost me £45, whereas it was nearly £200 for some other brands.

Just to add... I had originally bought an eMachines laptop from Tesco Direct three weeks ago. It was horrible, so cheap and nasty and the bottom of the screen was bright and the top dark. The delete key and backspace key broke completely and the mousepad had a life of its own. I sent it back at nine days old. So, beware! The quality difference between the eMachines laptop and the HP one, is just ... miles apart.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hmmm anyone ever wonder why you bother to reply to a person's request, when they don't even bother their **** to say, yes, no or even just thanks for taking the time. :?

Original Poster

therealslimkaty;3634297

Hmmm anyone ever wonder why you bother to reply to a person's request, … Hmmm anyone ever wonder why you bother to reply to a person's request, when they don't even bother their **** to say, yes, no or even just thanks for taking the time. :?

Oh Thank you ever so much for your reply. I am so sorry, but this is the 1st time that I had seen it. Thank you ever so much....I do really appreciate your time and effort for replying to my request

THANK YOU!!!!

Original Poster

kirkie;3636150

Oh Thank you ever so much for your reply. I am so sorry, but this is the … Oh Thank you ever so much for your reply. I am so sorry, but this is the 1st time that I had seen it. Thank you ever so much....I do really appreciate your time and effort for replying to my request THANK YOU!!!!

All said in jest before the teddy comes out of the pram......

Just never seen your post before now....

Hi have you looked at the following ebay shop?

they're called - Clearance Bargains or clearancebargains-uk

I have bought 2 fujitsu laptops from them, the 1st looked brand new, awaiting delivery of the 2nd one. They have a couple that would be in budget for you if you don't mind 'open box'. Think I read on another forum that this is an outlet store for a high street chain where you make selections from a catalogue? But if someone knows better please correct me

Original Poster

52919;3653614

Hi have you looked at the following ebay shop? they're called - Clearance … Hi have you looked at the following ebay shop? they're called - Clearance Bargains or clearancebargains-ukI have bought 2 fujitsu laptops from them, the 1st looked brand new, awaiting delivery of the 2nd one. They have a couple that would be in budget for you if you don't mind 'open box'. Think I read on another forum that this is an outlet store for a high street chain where you make selections from a catalogue? But if someone knows better please correct me

Thanks I will have a look, but I am always dubious spending that much money on eBay just in case it had to go back...

checkout ebuyer...excellent...

Original Poster

momofone;3666250

checkout ebuyer...excellent...

Cheers I keep looking on here daily, but don't want to leave it too late for Xmas delivery....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2340
      2. word association Game74044562
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767409
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1717

See more discussions