Laptop for daughter

Found 18th Dec 2017
Can anyone recommend a fairly good spec laptop (Max spend £800). It’s for my daughter for Christmas and aim is to last her thru college etc..

Needed just for usual work and internet browsing. Also plays games like Sims4 which aren’t too intensive. It’s a minefield with specs and dedicated graphics cards or not.

Helper and pointers to reasonable choices as don’t want to overpay

Thanks Richard
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
HP pavilion 15 or Asus FX503VD-DM002T, slightly over budget at around £900but they come with a free virtual reality headset.…031
Original Poster
What about this one: DELL Inspiron 15 7570
Check out dell outlet mate get a lot for your money
Surface pro if you like the fact that it can be used as a tablet like I do.
My daughter's Asus Zenbook Ux series has survived 3 tough years at Uni. She still loves it and thinks it is better than a Mac. Fast bootup, long battery, ssd, reasonable screen. In your price range.
I strongly recommend you buy a £300 laptop with an i3 CPU. Don't bother with getting one with a dedicated gpu. Sims 4 plays very well on i3-5xxx and i3-6xxx processors: GPU comparison

There's an hp i3 laptop at pc world for £330, I'm sure you can shop around and find something cheaper online.

Your daughter will need all the money she can get for uni, save the £500 and a year in, she'll be able to spend the money on something she may really need.
I think if u use student beans there is 10% discount on dell... Unidays offer some discount on HP as well
Might find something good along the line
Post a comment

Top Discussions