Groups

Laptop for editing youtube videos?

Hi, I am looking for advice / suggestions for a laptop for son's 14th Birthday under £500 if possible, (unfortunately before black Friday). He would use it for school work, editing youtube videos and playing games like GMod and overwatch. Is anyone able to help? Many thanks

6 Comments

Some editing software takes forever and some goes quick but not as good quality. I get sick of editing my videos but YouTube brings the dollar dollar bills in. I'm using an i5 but wanting an i7. He'll be fine with an i5 though you'll get one under £500 easy

I5 with a healthy amount of RAM and an SSD drive.
    Worth looking for Thinkpad's on eBay. Built tough, relatively cheap...often with desktop class processors.
    Then get yourself an external monitor as editing such videos on a laptop screen would be a real chore.
    You can also get a lot done with Movie Maker (which also makes small cache videos of what's being edited. Means you don't actually do too much heavy lifting when editing the videos - that all happens when they get rendered at the end)

Thinkpad are way to goo

Original Poster

Thanks to all for your replies. I'm a bit nervous about buying through Ebay, but you've definitely given me somewhere to start. It's much appreciated

whtnot

Thanks to all for your replies. I'm a bit nervous about buying through … Thanks to all for your replies. I'm a bit nervous about buying through Ebay, but you've definitely given me somewhere to start. It's much appreciated

Why?! You get pretty brilliant buyer protections via Ebay (especially when purchased with Paypal). Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Just check the sellers feedback (100% or thereabouts from lots of ratings)....and you'll be fine.

Also, if you get a Thinkpad, you are basically going to be getting an ex corporate machine - often with return to base warranty. Built like a tank, and definitely likely to outlast any brand new piece of tat from the high street.

Original Poster

Ah right.. Thankyou that's helpful and reassuring to know
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1728
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645
      4. word association Game74044569

See more discussions