Posted 9th Nov 2021
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can recommend a laptop that will run fm 22 with large database & at least 10 leagues selected, for as cheap as possible

Looking for at least 16gb ram
Would i7 or AMD 7 be best?
Ssd?

Not to clued up when it comes to specs tbh.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    AMD integrated graphics are better than intel. It depends on how many leagues you want to run. But would recommend AMD over intel. You don't need one with a discrete GPU. (edited)
  2. Avatar
    To be fair. I just checked up on this

Intel has just launched intel xe graphics which are much improved.

Before it was intel hd 630 or something

For older second hand... Any of the ryzen laptops will be much better. They are multi core which FM supports and better graphics for 3d action

I used to play FM a few years ago on an Intel atom notebook so you can play on anything but obviously can scale up how you want

If you are buying new you are best off googling that intel chip Vs that amd chip you find

YouTube videos are the best. Notebook check is also great. And see what they have for CPU and GPU performance tests.

I have both intel and amd laptops with Nvidia discrete GPUs. If I was to get a laptop with no GPU I would get AMD ryzen but yeah it seems intel has been forced to raise their game at last...
  3. Avatar
    Author
    leeebakeer10/11/2021 22:16

Have you had much luck? I'm in the market for the exact same thing, but my …Have you had much luck? I'm in the market for the exact same thing, but my budget is only about £500. Doesn't necessarily have to be i7, just same demands for laptop

Not really mate, may hold out until BF.
  4. Avatar
    Author
    jameshothothot09/11/2021 19:42

AMD integrated graphics are better than intel. It depends on how many …AMD integrated graphics are better than intel. It depends on how many leagues you want to run. But would recommend AMD over intel. You don't need one with a discrete GPU.

Thanks for the info. So AMD is more suited for gaming?
  5. Avatar
    Author
    jameshothothot09/11/2021 20:44

To be fair. I just checked up on thisIntel has just launched intel xe …To be fair. I just checked up on thisIntel has just launched intel xe graphics which are much improved.Before it was intel hd 630 or somethingFor older second hand... Any of the ryzen laptops will be much better. They are multi core which FM supports and better graphics for 3d actionI used to play FM a few years ago on an Intel atom notebook so you can play on anything but obviously can scale up how you wantIf you are buying new you are best off googling that intel chip Vs that amd chip you findYouTube videos are the best. Notebook check is also great. And see what they have for CPU and GPU performance tests.I have both intel and amd laptops with Nvidia discrete GPUs. If I was to get a laptop with no GPU I would get AMD ryzen but yeah it seems intel has been forced to raise their game at last...

Thanks again for the info mate
  6. Avatar
    Author
    jameshothothot09/11/2021 20:44

To be fair. I just checked up on thisIntel has just launched intel xe …To be fair. I just checked up on thisIntel has just launched intel xe graphics which are much improved.Before it was intel hd 630 or somethingFor older second hand... Any of the ryzen laptops will be much better. They are multi core which FM supports and better graphics for 3d actionI used to play FM a few years ago on an Intel atom notebook so you can play on anything but obviously can scale up how you wantIf you are buying new you are best off googling that intel chip Vs that amd chip you findYouTube videos are the best. Notebook check is also great. And see what they have for CPU and GPU performance tests.I have both intel and amd laptops with Nvidia discrete GPUs. If I was to get a laptop with no GPU I would get AMD ryzen but yeah it seems intel has been forced to raise their game at last...

46026113-8FTIm.jpg
  7. Avatar
    Have you had much luck? I'm in the market for the exact same thing, but my budget is only about £500. Doesn't necessarily have to be i7, just same demands for laptop (edited)
  8. Avatar
    Also keeping an eye on this. I have 4 weeks off over xmas and plan on taking Newcastle to Premier League and Champions League glory - but need a new laptop to do it!
  9. Avatar
    Author
    Went with the base model MacBook Air M1! Runs like 🔥🔥🔥
  10. Avatar
    gibbo8220/11/2021 20:02

Went with the base model MacBook Air M1! Runs like …Went with the base model MacBook Air M1! Runs like 🔥🔥🔥

Glad to know that we all helped you to make an informed decision
Top Merchants