Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop for my 16yr old son

Ok, I'd like some advice please.

I'm after a laptop for my son, and there are quite a few out there many showing what 'seems' to be go deals.

But I like to know from people who have used them.

I know he will play games, but this will also be for is college work. But I do have a full copy of 2007, so thats not an issue.But it needs to be quick enough to play some games, and handle the office side of things well.

I've got a budget of £500, but can 'maybe' go abit higher.

So any advise would be very welcome.

3 Comments

I have just bought a dell from dell direct they have been brilliant - had a desktop for 7 years thought it wad time to get a new one but an enginner came and updated it and it is the fastest one in the house now. Also bought an Ascer aspire laptop - lasted 12 months, Lenovo lasted 2 years but my little dell notebook is still going great had it the same time as the ascer so when my daughters lenovo stopped working I decided that dell was the best bet it cost £399 from dell but I went through quidco and got £20 cashback

I recently brought an acer travel mate 8371. It is excellent. Really good spec, great value! I would highly recommend this laptop

I went shopping with a friend a few months ago - we went to currys, comet, PCworld etc and played them off each other - the companies more willing to play ball were PCworld and currys although I think they come under the same umberella - just be firm and dont let them push you about be prepad to walk away. Anyway we went for a DELL INSPIRON - I think it was approx £450 maybe a bit less after we haggled a bit and this is powerful enought to runs apps such as the adobe suit very well.
    To save a bit extra - do not buy anti Virus from them - the free AVG works fine - I have used it for years and kept my comp clean and I have never had a problem.

Hope this helps even a little
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How are Very for pre-orders ?79
      2. Are the free antivirus any good?44
      3. Feels weird!38
      4. Disney descendants duvet11

See more discussions