Groups

Laptop for my mum. Which one ?

Hi my dads going out to buy my mum a laptop for her birthday, it will be mainly used for wireless web browsing and maybe putting a few pictures on, think hes going for one of these.

currys.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cccladehgegdhdjcflgceggdhhmdfhk.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=0&tm=2&sku=239911&category_oid=

currys.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cccladehgegdhdjcflgceggdhhmdfhk.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=0&tm=2&sku=740908&category_oid=-27403

He asked me earlier if these were good and a good price but to be honest I'm not sure, so over to you guys are these ok or are there any better deals, he needs to get it in the next few days, Thanks.

7 Comments

I got this one hotukdeals.com/ite…nux It's neat and does the job perfectly, but it doesn't half take some setting up if you're not used to Linux. Once web browsing is up and running though it should be straight forward

Original Poster

bowdown2thegame;5325352

I got this one … I got this one http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/405957/lenovo-ideapad-s10e-10-1-inch-linux It's neat and does the job perfectly, but it doesn't half take some setting up if you're not used to Linux. Once web browsing is up and running though it should be straight forward

Thanks that looks good but it really needs to be a 17" screen or above, should have said ,sorry.

i would sugest the cheapest one possible as you mum will only do email ond web browsing
    mibis look for one with a free anti virus like nod32 or kapersky

those links dont work btw. can u link us on a post to what you currently looking at getting.
    17" + seems a bit unneccasry for those tasks.
    A 15.4" is moree than enough 17" is massive and will be very heavy lol!
    I personally would recommend this one. Very good and use it for similar tasks fine.
    ebuyer.com/pro…888

17" huge for laptop,my comp monitor 17",personally I'd like something more smaller if I was buying a laptop.Don't need get high specs if just for general net browsing and digital camera uploading.

look on the medion website. they have some refurbished models at good prices

munaaf;5326739

those links dont work btw. can u link us on a post to what you currently … those links dont work btw. can u link us on a post to what you currently looking at getting.17" + seems a bit unneccasry for those tasks.A 15.4" is moree than enough 17" is massive and will be very heavy lol!I personally would recommend this one. Very good and use it for similar tasks fine.http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158888

I think this is the one i have

Same specs, not sure if its the same screen size though.

It's very fast to start up and shut down, and we already had a router from my last laptop (the one that pc shop broke :roll:)

It connects to the internet straight away

No probs with it yet, have had it since january i think, and all i use it for is email checking and doing surveys, watching youtube stuff. My last laptop was a advent from currys, and was about £500. So this ebuyer one is great, and cheaper then the high street for a good name. So i'd buy this ebuyer one :thumbsup: It's nice and slim, not heavy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1946
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423514458
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767172
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313800

See more discussions