Laptop for photoshop

Posted 7th Nov
so I've been tasked by my dad to find him a new laptop. he isn't an expert with photoshop by any means but it's his hobby. his current laptop is a few years old and just doesn't cut it.
I just need to know what sort of specs I'd need to run it adequately then I'll scout HUKD for some good deals.

cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Photoshop is on iPad now too. I would rather go for that, especially since you can add a apple pencil if you want.
Apart from the specs of the machine i.e. lots of memory and a second drive to use as a scratch disk.
You'll need a good screen display, something that's not a TN display. Otherwise when you move your head up/down and side to side, the colours/brightness will alter.
Plus any screen will need colour calibrating. Or the image on your screen will look OK, but can look totally wrong on another.

If you had to use a Laptop, I'd buy a proper monitor too and not use the Laptop's screen.
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell07/11/2019 11:28

Apart from the specs of the machine i.e. lots of memory and a second drive …Apart from the specs of the machine i.e. lots of memory and a second drive to use as a scratch disk.You'll need a good screen display, something that's not a TN display. Otherwise when you move your head up/down and side to side, the colours/brightness will alter.Plus any screen will need colour calibrating. Or the image on your screen will look OK, but can look totally wrong on another.If you had to use a Laptop, I'd buy a proper monitor too and not use the Laptop's screen.

He's by no means an expert. It's just a hobby. All he does is edit personal photos which are mainly family pictures.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants