Expired

Laptop for streaming sports

Found 31st Jan 2013
Im looking for a cheap laptop that would have no problem streaming HD sports through my TV. Would anyone know of any?? Any advice would be great.
Community Updates
12 Comments
Where have you found HD streams? Or you talking sky go type scenario?
i watch good streams at 4000kbps footie dont no any where free that streams hd sport its more your internet than laptop .make sure laptop has hdmi
try dixons/currys/ even on the net ebay outlets ect . like ashmac has said it will be HDMI out
i watch football on my laptop but the streaming Quality aint that great tbh unless you have sky
go but ive read you cant get that to signal through your tv with certain devices. never tried a
laptop with sky go and into the tv. what sports channels were you hoping to stream?

Bruce

Edited by: "bbbruce" 31st Jan 2013
Original Poster
So has anyone got any examples of a cheap device? Perhaps i was wrong about the HD bit but i will be using this website anyway firstrow1.eu/
http://www.schtrade.co.uk/lenovo-x60-core-solo-1-66ghz-1gb-ram-40gb-hdd-0023/

Stick xp on that and you'll be sorted. It'll play any of the LQ streams you'll find on there. It might struggle with HD ace stream and sopcast streams though.
the cool

http://www.schtrade.co.uk/lenovo-x60-core-solo-1-66ghz-1gb-ram-40gb-hdd-0023/Stick xp on that and you'll be sorted. It'll play any of the LQ streams you'll find on there. It might struggle with HD ace stream and sopcast streams though.

Just remember to add a PSU at the very least and a battery if you require portability. Also no HDMI output.
True. You can get a charger on ebay for £5-£10. They come with batteries though. I got an x61 off there that said "up to 1hr" and it's a great battery. It's an extended one, so sticks out the end of the laptop a bit but lasts for roughly 5 hours.

And yea no HDMI, so you'd be limited to VGA for video and a 3.5mm cable for audio.

So yea it'd need an OS and a PSU and the two video/audio cables. Ubuntu or something would be a good free option for an OS.
the cool

True. You can get a charger on ebay for £5-£10. They come with batteries t … True. You can get a charger on ebay for £5-£10. They come with batteries though. I got an x61 off there that said "up to 1hr" and it's a great battery. It's an extended one, so sticks out the end of the laptop a bit but lasts for roughly 5 hours. And yea no HDMI, so you'd be limited to VGA for video and a 3.5mm cable for audio.So yea it'd need an OS and a PSU and the two video/audio cables. Ubuntu or something would be a good free option for an OS.

Nice, I am planning to buy a laptop for taking away on holiday later this year from them so fingers crossed I will get one with a decent battery when I do. As for the OS, dont forget they come with the key for windows already so you can download a legit copy and get that side running without any issues legally. So if it comes with a decent battery a £12 PSU is all that would really be needed and some time downloading drivers and the OS to a disk.
aw yea, i didn't bother with mine though as it'd have been Vista I think plus i had a spare win 7. I think the battery is prob 50/50 and I was just lucky. But it's got better battery life than most people's (people I know) £300-£400 i3 laptops.

PSU £5.20 ebay.co.uk/itm…f8f
Lacking the clover cable but that's the best PSU only price I've seen for an x60.
Original Poster
cheers for the advice. Can someone do me a favour and tell me if the site lags for them aswell? Im currently using my acer aspire notebook which isnt far off the spec of that lenovo and it stops and starts alot.
thanks
Nah the site's fine for me just now and was fine earlier.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants