Expired

Laptop for Uncle! :) Please Help

4 replies
Found 12th Jul 2007
Hi

People

This forum has been amazing! Have been amazed at the brilliant advice I have been given! you know who you are people!

Well my unlce has asked me, I got no idea Why to buy him a laptop! Well he wants it for the

Occassional watching the odd DVD, listen to some songs,

Web surfing

Word Processing!

Now he wants me to get him a reliable laptop which will perform the above tasks well!

All in for a budget of £330 MAX! Well I showed him my Acer laptop I bought with the help of this site! but thats a bit too much!

So for £330...whats the best deal I can get?

I noticed this one but not sure?

ebuyer.com/UK/…362

I would really appreciate your help! As he needs it asap!

Thanks...

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
5 Comments

[QUOTE=SkippyDoo]
I noticed this one but not sure?

ebuyer.com/UK/…362

QUOTE]

The Toshiba has only 512mb of memory which I believe is not ideal for vista so you might have to add more ram.

This Acer is slightly over your budget at £349 but has 1 GB of ram and a better processor. It has a 14.1 inch screen. You also get free next working day delivery and a free voip phone

laptopsdirect.co.uk/BUN…asp

Hi Skippy..I'd go along with the dell on the front page of the Hot Deals...but opt for the AMD dual core CPU upgrade...it looks a good deal.

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies people!!!

Hey Chops!

Yeh I thought the Dell was an awesome deal too...but he hates them lol...but he liked the look of Toshiba..and to be honest don't think he needs a much powerful machine....

He is more bothered about the aesthetics of the machine..lol...but obviously wants it to handle the tasks he wants to do well...

So the Dells out of the question..lol

Any more ideas?

have a look on [url]www.cclonline.co.uk[/url] as they seem to have a good range of toshiba ....when you know exactly what he wants then try googling the model number to see if a better price comes up....or of course post the model number on here and maybe someone can come up with a better deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions