Groups

laptop graphics card

hi how do you know what graphics card you have in your laptop if there is one? im selling mine and someones asked but i havent got a clue lol

11 Comments

a long ish way of chekcing would be to install cc cleaner it tels you whats in your laptop (although thats not the purpose of the prog) also could try googling you model number, or try looking into the contro, panle and hardware installed

Banned

display adaptors in device manager

well i think thats the graphics card - lol

go to start -run type in dxdiag press enter
    the graphics card is on the 3rd tab

Original Poster

Ropster;7514561

go to start -run type in dxdiag press enterthe graphics card is on the … go to start -run type in dxdiag press enterthe graphics card is on the 3rd tab

hi done that but cant see anything to do with graphics card, does that mean there isnt one?

you sure ? the 3rd tab, should be labeled display. the graphics card is described under device in the top left

Original Poster

Ropster;7514652

you sure ? the 3rd tab, should be labeled display. the graphics card is … you sure ? the 3rd tab, should be labeled display. the graphics card is described under device in the top left

is it this , mobile intel(R) 965 express chipset family

pink-ka;7514720

Yeah, thats it. On board graphics, no dedicated card. If the buyer was asking about graphics card he he may not be interested. Just a heads up.

if thats what it says next to name under device then yes. the buyer will probably be interested in the approx total memory as well

pink-ka;7514720

Not exactly, that's the motherboard chipset. It does come with built in graphics (the X3100) and if DXDiag is showing that it's likely to be using that rather than a seperate graphics card.

]GPU-Z might be your best bet, I don't know what it's laptop graphics card support is like though.

Banned

sassie;7514533

display adaptors in device managerwell i think thats the graphics card … display adaptors in device managerwell i think thats the graphics card - lol

is that not it then?

dcx_badass;7517848

No, that's the chipset the motherboard uses.

which also has a integrated GPU. Unless there is a dedicated one as well, but dxdiag should show that.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      2. word association Game74044543
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions