Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop Hard Drive Help Please

Right got a medion mam2110 laptop. The charging point on the laptop has gone faulty and i need to get stuff off the hard drive. At this time i don't know what type of hard drive it is but can some one tell me what i would need to transfer this data to another hdd or something

8 Comments

do you have a pc, if so just take it out and connect it to the pc

the hd will be a 2.5" ...... just get a usb external case and whack it in that, then transfer the data to your pc

Original Poster

ok just found out it has a 160gb sata hdd in it..... can i connect a 2.5in hdd to the pc ? thought the connections were different for a laptop from a desktop ?

that will work, open up the pc when switched off and have a look

the sata ports should be the same on a 2.5 to a 3.5 inch hd's so should plug in your pc fine (if you have sata compatibility)

Original Poster

wickedteen;6206143

that will work, open up the pc when switched off and have a look

if your not sure then please don't post.... i don't have the leptop to hand so i can't see the connections on the back of the hdd

Original Poster

faevilangel;6206162

the sata ports should be the same on a 2.5 to a 3.5 inch hd's so should … the sata ports should be the same on a 2.5 to a 3.5 inch hd's so should plug in your pc fine (if you have sata compatibility)

Thanks dude. Will have a look when i have the hdd in front of me.

i didnt say im not sure, i said that would work, just take the side of your pc and check the cables, but hey sod you i wont give you any help infuture
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846216
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46

See more discussions