Expired

laptop has blue screen of death !! anyway i can fix it my self . i have access to a pc if needed. thanks

13 replies
13 Comments

Do you know what has caused the BSD ?? It is most likely to be a piece of hardware failure...and the usual suspect is the hard drive...if you have the facility take the drive out and connect to your pc and see if you can access it...if its good you will and if not then finding any other failure in a lappy is not easy..

Depends really
Some are fixed just by restarting it so have you tried this?
If so, what is the BSOD ? There should be a line like 0x00000 etc that tells you a code + sometimes a description. What is that?

What did you last do before this happened - new hardware/software/drivers?

Does Safemode work?

Have you tried a system restore?

Original Poster

I will upload the error code later. I can access safe mode. I didn't really do anything different on my last use to identify what I may have done wrong.

I would say roll-back via system restore by a day or two from safe mode and see if that sorts it out.
There were a bunch of windows updates out the other day so maybe one was a driver or something that caused it

Original Poster

Ok thanks every one

aj84

I would say roll-back via system restore by a day or two from safe mode … I would say roll-back via system restore by a day or two from safe mode and see if that sorts it out.There were a bunch of windows updates out the other day so maybe one was a driver or something that caused it

agreed

if you can get into safemode it's a driver that's causing the error (safe mode uses basic windows drivers to boot your pc)

Roll back/system restore (try to find out either the error code or the updates installed)

i find these are very often caused by new software editing stuff in registry,

have you installed any new programs of late?

it's app call "Blue Screen View" google it. App will help give you to find error code and u can find what is cause blue screen..

GirN3

it's app call "Blue Screen View" google it. App will help give you to … it's app call "Blue Screen View" google it. App will help give you to find error code and u can find what is cause blue screen..

Eh?

craigstephens

Eh?

It is a program that analyses Dump files for you.
Edited by: "ZaphodBeeblebrox" 10th Jul 2014

Most Bsod issues are caused by IRQ requests going wrong and this is down to driver conflicts etc. Did you update a driver at all ? As advised, roll back a few days and take it from there one step at a time to see what causes the bsod. Remember to reboot after every update because unlike Linux, windows needs to rebooted for updates to link with .DLL files etc.

If you are lucky it is a driver, but could be hardware failure too. Check the code. I have had blue screen of failed wifi module, damaged hard and most often problem with the video card/chip.
Good luck!

Bad memory
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?68
    2. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1322
    3. Money Saving Tips...2240
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226667

See more discussions